What jets are ya'll using in the snow kit??

sizemoremk

What jets are ya'll using in the snow kit??

I am about to mess with the snow kit agian, and am curious what jets are being used by others, I'm thinking of putting the bigger one in...

Thanks!

Typically we use 375ml or a 100ml before the blower and the 375 after. Using one 625 nozzle might be ok on the top end but it will be too much down low.

I think I stuck the big bastard in for after the intercooler... Maybe I should rethink that? I was just guessing.

I'm running it after my double IC and its hot and humid as bawls down here, I may just try the big bastage too!

I don't remember the sizes off the top, but I got three sizes and I used the smallest...

I have read in one drag racing asso.rules..
That water, alky, any type fluild injection should only
be injected after the supercharger and turbos.

I suppose for safety. I do not no the reason.

Randy

I'm using the 625 nozzel and injecting at the intake manifold adaptor near the air charge temp sensor. It may be injecting too much at lower rpms, because I'm not getting as much converter flash or low end torque as others with similar combos.

David

I'm using the 625 nozzel and injecting at the intake manifold adaptor near the air charge temp sensor. It may be injecting too much at lower rpms, because I'm not getting as much converter flash or low end torque as others with similar combos.

David

Would having the injection nozzel in front of and next to the air temp senor.
Cause a false cooler air reading. And then add timing to early, during
low RPMS? If you were washing down the sensor.

Randy

Would having the injection nozzel in front of and next to the air temp senor.
Cause a false cooler air reading. And then add timing to early, during
low RPMS? If you were washing down the sensor.

Randy

Isn't the idea to ultimately be able to run more timing?

You would get a cooler air reading, but why would it be a false reading, it would be cooler???

I guess I'll go with the middle sized one.

As a side note, has anyone though about putting a smaller nozzle just before the intercooler in addition to the main nozzle in the SC pipe? I wonder if they would atomize correctly if you plumb two lines? I would think that a little akly in the IC help cool it off as well???

Last edited:
Isn't the idea to ultimately be able to run more itming?

You would get a cooler air reading, but why would it be a false reading, it would be cooler???

Yes to the first line.

I was refuring to a cooler false reading ,if the nozzel was next to and aimed
at the air temp sensor ,by washing down the senor before alky had
time to be atomize into the boost airstream.

Randy

Last edited:
Yes to the first line.

Randy

I would think all that hot air blowing by would keep the sensor pretty dry... Maybe more of an issue if you're using water, rather than an alky mix???

Yes to the first line.

Randy

I installed mine the same as Davids install I beleive. It doesnt aim at directly at the sensor but blows the patern away from the sensor. They are close and Im sure the sensor get wet to some degree, but the air flow at wide open throttle should suck the mist right past the sensor. I just wish their was a better way to determine the size of the jet to use
Ken

Attachments

• Spray pattern.jpg
    Spray pattern.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 106
I installed mine the same as Davids install I beleive. It doesnt aim at directly at the sensor but blows the patern away from the sensor. They are close and Im sure the sensor get wet to some degree, but the air flow at wide open throttle should suck the mist right past the sensor. I just wish their was a better way to determine the size of the jet to use
Ken

This post shows pics of where mine is located.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445171&postcount=3

David

PS: Randy...I don't know if it's giving false readings or not.

This post shows pics of where mine is located.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445171&postcount=3

David

PS: Randy...I don't know if it's giving false readings or not.

I would not know either. I am also questioning to. I have done no testing
of snow system yet.

I would think this may be somthing that could be tested cheaply
with the introduction of food dye, mix with the fluild being injected.
Then take the IC tube off, then inspect for signs in the suspected
area of puddleing on and around sensor area.

This is why I polish the insides of all my performance induction
or intake paths inside my complete intake system on all motors during
developing parts. I can more easiler read the airs dye colored path.

This is the same type test I use & pro-head porters would use. To
test for fuel falling out of the air and puddeling taking place in ports,
and complete induction system.Its call wet flow testing.

This can be performed with during flow bench type testing.
And for ones that do not have a flow bench, for intake,not
iduction systems. It can also Sometimes be performed with
complete intake parts together, with motor running,
(next 4 carbs & injector path to port only)(with dye in the
fuel tank being used to power engine being tested...)
Are sc induction system would be to long for this test
,plus fuel injector placment. the dye would need to be introduce
before compressor and after compressor and Intercooler for
complete iduction system tests.
But testing a snow system could be easily done to read color
dye patterns for puddeling signs, with its injector placments.

Commin since tells me that two smaller injectors would do a better
job of getting the fluild to atomize in the air path. And keeping the fluild
from falling out of air, to cause puddeling. Since we are dealing with a
wide RPM range.

I would also think that a Bar style injector would be better suited
for use in certain areas over a nozzle injector in induction system.
To better atomize and keep fluild suspended.

I am out of here, later Randy

Last edited:
I tested the 3xx nozzle last night in my car. I have a dual nozzle system with one nozzle, of whatever size dave sent, in front of the blower and the other nozzle in the tube after the intercooler mounted right around the dipstick tube similar to Mike Puckett's location. (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85465&highlight=snow+install[/url])

With no snow system, a 25% overdriven 1990 M90 blower and stock single intercooler with no fan (yes, I am nuts) and belt slip keeping me to about 14.8psi of boost I was getting ACT temps of 190 to 200 when pulling by 3rd gear.

With-out the snow system a hot run started at 148 in 1st and ended at 202 in 3rd. An increase of 54degrees in intake temp through the 12 seconds it took to hit 5k in 3rd.

With the snow system on a hot run started at 128 in 1st and ended at 148 in 3rd. An increase of 20degrees in intake temp through the 12 seconds it took to hit 5k in 3rd.

I'd say the snow system is well worth the money. I'm just gonna need a bigger tank. If I ever get a free day again I'll test with the bigger nozzle to see whats up with that one.

Note I'm running on a base SCT chip that dave programed based on his educated guess on my mods. (80mm maf, 75mmtb, 60lb injectors, 255lph High pressure fuel pump, fresh built motor with 9:1 compression ratio, heads, cam) So far it's rich, which is safe, and it's letting me have high ACT temps and still not have significant detonation.

I have been running a 225 jet with out a problem so far I tryed the 375 at first but found I had water sitting in my intercooler after I removed it after a little driving.

I have been running a 225 jet with out a problem so far I tryed the 375 at first but found I had water sitting in my intercooler after I removed it after a little driving.

You have it mounted ahead of the IC and not after, or you have it so that it's low enough to drip back down?

Unless the anti-siphon valve is right at the fitting for the nozzle, some fluid is always gonna get sucked into the ic when under vac. It'll be whatever is in the length of line between the nozzle and the solenoid. The goal of the solenoid is to reduce the pressure up time considerably and keep it from sucking all the fluid out of the hose.

Perhaps you have the settings a little low for the maf voltage so that there isn't sufficient airflow to carry the mist from the nozzle, and instead it condenses?

Typically we use 375ml or a 100ml before the blower and the 375 after. Using one 625 nozzle might be ok on the top end but it will be too much down low.

I want to step up to the 625 nozzle for one last run at the track. Will I be ok.

Neibert did you ever change back to the other nozzle? 375ml/s

Back