B&M shifter help!!! Hammer shifter guys too

blown94cougar

Hey guys im installing a B&m pro stick shifter in my cat since its an AODE do I need the older aod shift lever kit that B&m sells that flips the lever would it even work with the mlps switch or can I use the stock setup? what is the actual purpose of the lever kit? and why would it need to be flipped it seems like the stock one would work perfect with a lil adjustment at least in our cars design

whats the reason why your putting the shifter into your car? I can't really see how its gonna help you out. I can tell you that the AOD and 4R70W(what you have) both have the same linkage for the shifter

well the reason im putting it in is because I broke the other shifter handle where it connects to the shifter mechanism snapped right off and I already had the shifter from a previous project I found out though that on the 4r70W you dont need part#40496 the lever is already facing the right position just have to get the bushing to attach the cable to the lever or make one and modify the bracket a lil should work fine

Aaaarrrggghh stupid shifter cable I just picked up a b&m super duty cable thats 3ft looks like it aint gonna work I was trying to go with stock type setup no loops for less resistance but I guess im gonna have to go with the 5 footer and loop it any suggestions guys as in what length you hammer shifter guys used would be greatly appreciated?

Back