performance advice needed

Barrett

Well, after owning this SC for a while now I'm more comfortable with it.
It has things that definitely need to be addressed such as the DIS, and snout noise (coupler/bearings) and I know how to deal with them.

For future reference I'd like to know what some of the experienced "builders" around here think I could stand to do with the list of mods this car already has.

I'm just looking to make this car run how it should, as I feel like my brother "Thunder427" never had a chance to fully do that.

List of mods(some things added to the list after the engine was gone through last year:
-----------------
bored .30 over
polished crank
heads decked
new soft plugs
new cam bearings
new pistons
valve job
Custom grind Cam .560 lift 218/224 duration(new valve springs to go with it)
Ported heads (gasket matched)
All new Felpro upper gaskets
ARP head studs/bolts

Ported early style M90 ( by chris lazzo )
Ported exhaust manifolds
Straight duals, knocked out cats, no mufflers
Raised top
73mm MAF
Custom CAI
800cfm IC fan

5% overdrive pulley
5% jackshaft pulley
underdrive pulleys

BHJ Balancer

36 lb injectors
190 lph fuel pump
irdium plugs

AOD Rebuild kit
Lentech Manual/Auto valve body
2500 Non locking stall convertor
Art carr input shaft
4:10s in the rear.

1.5" lowering springs
--------------

Once i 'rebuild' the snout, replace the DIS and find air leaks (i have a vacuum/boost leak or something right now i need to hunt down), I'm thinking
bigger fuel pump and bigger injectors.

Very soon I'm going to do the plugs/wires due to potentially running rich. (103s at .45 seems to be the best bet)

Should I do something with the MAF and such? Any other suggestions to make this car run to its full potential?

Thanks for reading through.

AOD Rebuild kit
Lentech Manual/Auto valve body
2500 Non locking stall convertor
Art carr input shaft
4:10s in the rear.

I highly suggest you upgrade components in that transmission such as a 2 inch band, diode and 4 plate intermediate.
The lentech valvebody is definately a great idea.
2500 is a good stall but it won't mate with your gear combination well.
Which input shaft are you planning the stock type or 31 spline?
I think I would go no more than 3.73's.
Chris Lazzo (blown347) told me last night he wanted to sell his aod which was originally a Art Carr trans but I upgraded it when he broke it. It has the 31 spline input shaft and a lentech valvebody with electronic OD delete. It also has a deep aluminum pan and comes with the converter. He told me he wanted about $1300 for it.
Alan

I think a tune should be at the top of the list along with, a late model(I have one for sale) or better blower to take advantage of the heads/cam. Along with that I would get a 255HP fuel pump and min. 42lb. injectors.

I think a tune should be at the top of the list along with, a late model(I have one for sale) or better blower to take advantage of the heads/cam. Along with that I would get a 255HP fuel pump and min. 42lb. injectors.

How much u want for that there blower?

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Near future things I plan on doing (if I get money together)

- 42lb injectors
- 255lph pump
- bigger MAF

If i had a lot of money I'd go with the late model blower and whatever else.

For the gearing, the car seems alright with 4.10s when it's running to full potential. It definitely jumps off the line.

Right now I just need to fine the leak(s). At some point it decided to not go past 10psi even at full bore WOT. It also makes a slight whistling noise (vacuum leak noise).

Also, the oil smelled like gas when i changed it yesterday.
:mad:

I think you need the following stuff.

50# injectors
76mm MAF
75mm TB
255 LPH high pressure pump
Tune
Better supercharger (Late model, S port, MPI, MPII, MPIII ect..)

David

I think you need the following stuff.

50# injectors
76mm MAF
75mm TB
255 LPH high pressure pump
Tune
Better supercharger (Late model, S port, MPI, MPII, MPIII ect..)

David

Thanks.
I will definitely consider your advice.

As for tuning these cars, does it depend on how far past 'stock' you go in regard to air and fuel?

I know about the ECM and the chips and all that, is that what you mean when you say 'tune'? as in get a proper chip and all that?

Who ground the cam that you have listed?. How does the engine run with it?

You defintely need a late model sc as the gains would be considerable and you could not run a 75 mm tb on an early inlet.

Try the teflon gaskets for the IC tubes etc. Get a larger OD pulley 10%.

Thanks.
I will definitely consider your advice.

As for tuning these cars, does it depend on how far past 'stock' you go in regard to air and fuel?

I know about the ECM and the chips and all that, is that what you mean when you say 'tune'? as in get a proper chip and all that?

Yes the further past stock you get the more important the tune becomes. A/F ratio is important but there are many other things to be considered.

When I say tune it means using an SCT chip and the services of someone to custom tune your car for correct/safe operation on the street as well as the dyno or track.

David

You defintely need a late model sc as the gains would be considerable and you could not run a 75 mm tb on an early inlet.

You can if it's ported....but it isn't nearly as good as using an MP style inlet plenum.

Back