Shocks

Yes you can use shocks of a non SC t-bird but as you guessed you'll lose you're arc.Plus if you get cheap ones they'll probably be softer valved meaning it'll ride smoother but won't handle as well.

Jay

one more thing! what size is the front sway bar? I want to replace those bushings but they come in different sizes, 92SC ... 5spd

Just a word of warning about non sc shocks. I put some monroe's on my 89 for a while and they gave the car a nice smooth ride, but lost quite a bit in the corners. The suspension ate the monroe's up in about six months. If you are willing to forgo the arc, use kyb's...everyone on here seems to be happy with them. I quickly switched back to the tokiko's.

So do the monroe type shocks bolt right on up? Or do I have to modify something?

I drive ALOT, and I don't really speed through the twisties... much...

They will bolt right up as well as any other brand that fits a Tbird or Cougar. But remember, they will not last long on the SC. The spring rates for our cars is so much greater than a lx, or any other car for that matter. The shocks are designed to dampen the springs. The SC springs will eat them up quickly.

I put KYB shocks on my SC. They are firmer than the FIRM settic with the ARC. I have had them for 2-3 years and have not noticed any softening. Supercoupeperformance.com sells them, or you can shop around. I believe that I bought mine from shox.com.

Back