89 sc blower

How mutch boost can a stock blower handle or make? how mutch mutch overdriven can be done and be productive. I have a 10% pulley and was thinking of adding 5%percent jackshaft pulley.I am finishing my exhaust next week i.e no more resonater and the rings in the manifolds will be gone.
I plan on bushing's next for the suspension first and the pulley around november.

I would think you will generate to much heat overdriving the old style blower that much. Looks like all you have is a stock IC with a fan. Your car will be pulling timing like crazy if you generate a lot of heat. It might feel strong off the line but will fall on its face once it gets moving

Ken

thanks ken
hey what else can i do to cool my current combo down.
I need to get a new air damn because most is missing.
I need to remount the bottom of my ic boot it was not connected when i got it.

they early blower with a welded re configured port and stock ic and ported heads Im turning low 13s Im running a home ported S port style early blower and 42 lbs injectors

with a set of ported heads home brewed and the ported blower ported exh manifolds good exh stock cam i did a high 13 sec 1/4 yes on stock ic no fan on ic on a 90 deg day and 30 lbs injectors with 50 lbs fuel pressure .

air temp makes a big hit on the ic and how good it works dble ics are nice but the ones out now are built wrong puting them together does not help the cooling as air can flow well thru that much fins better to seperate them and connect by a tube between them or like the one im working on they are paralell split by a y pipe at inlet and outlet rejoined by a y .

but yeah with stock blower you may gets some mid 14s out of car
and dont overdrive a stock early blower that much it will just make heat

it can flow enuff in its stock condition needs vee work and loads of inlet side work dont waste money on a raised top untill you have heavy mods

thanks guys for the help. I just started a new job so money is tight. I was planing on the snow kit. I am going to fix the airdamn tommorw.

lolz jason.. its air dam... but if you eff ti up.. itll be an air DAMN!... (and a few otehr colourful words, i'm sure) :D

if u dont mind losing a/c you could take out the condensor. that would put alot more air thru the radiator and IC.

i did my custom FMIC for less than $350. look in my threads. i show pics of how i did it and what tube angles i used.

btw, i would go 10% max on an early blower. its not a very efficient blower.....unless u give it to mannysc, then it will be a BEAST !!

yeah.. i would go to a later style blower, have manny port it, and spin the piss out of it... and when the headgaskets pop, replace em, and have your heads ported... put arp studs in there and GO!

Last edited:
wait... arent you the one who has the air-to-liquid IC? lol. wonder if ammonia has better cooling capabilities? lol. naaaaahhhh.. :D

Back