PDA

View Full Version : Its Alive !!!!

Ddubb
08-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Started up my SC for the first time today .. after being torn down and completely re-built over the last 2 years.
This morning I put the starter in and wired it up. Then I cranked it over for a while to get the oil pressure up, and put a gallon of gas in it.

Fired right up, running smooth. LOUD AS HELL, but thats because I have no exhaust on it right now, just exhaust manifolds.

So all that is left is to repair my driver's seat and install it, straighten out the corners on the hood and install it on the car, and then bolt up the exhaust. I had to replace the water pump, it leaked water as soon as I put coolant into the engine, then I fixed a leak at the radiator, clamp doesnt work well ( original hose ) .. put on another clamp, then a small leak at the heater core .. I think I bent the core when the engine was going into the car, put another clamp on that. No more leaks.

Should be driving on the streets within the next few days, after I finish those other things, put some more gas in it, and then I will start the break-in process for the freshly rebuilt engine.

Im going to try to get a video recording of it while the exhaust is off .. it sounds really agressive, and I dont think many people here know what the car sounds like with no exhaust.

In all, the project went along slowly, but Im glad it fired right up without having to mess with anything. :D

- Dan

bgck7
08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
:cool:
so which bird is this one?are you going to be able to come to the hooters meat?cant wait to see your other bird, congradulation on getting this one running. ive had military drill this past weekend frid-sun and boy was it tiring:(we were locked in the whole weekend but they gave us a couple hour on sunday and went and saw bourne ultimatum, what a rush!!!!awesome movie!!!there was about 30 of us at the redwood city theater in our uniforms took a whole row of seats to accomidate us but we had a great time:Dim leaving to reno for hot august night and definitely will take alot of pictures. maybe we can do my breaks the weekend following, sat or sun(18or19), just let me know. most of all cant wait to see you recent project. hopefully you can make the hooters meat for the 26 aug.

regards,

ramon.;)

Ddubb
08-08-2007, 06:27 AM
This is the 1994 Super Coupe Ive been working on for the last 2 years or so .. done ALOT of work to it, completely re-built the engine, everythings all painted, clean .. very nice. It actually runs. ;)

Still working out a few bugs .. well, alot actually, but it had a TON of problems to begin with, im just sorting them all out.

Hooters ?? Uhh .. I dont think I would be allowed to go to that. Hmmm. :cool:

Brakes can be arranged. If you actually pick them up this time. I can make some time if you will be coming for sure this time. Let me know.

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
08-15-2007, 12:38 AM
hey dan, congrats! I know the feeling of gettin a car running thats been sittin so long...I have heard open exhaust on the sc before and its nasty...I have shorty headers on mine with a 110 lobe sep cam and it was sooo nice...I'd like to see your birds sometime...I think you said you are around on the weekends...?

Ddubb
08-15-2007, 07:13 AM
The SC actually sounded pretty agressive with only exhaust manifolds. I put on the early style SC pulley, and ported the lip off the manifolds, other than that its all stock. I like the way it sounded. Since then I put the stock exhaust back on, but the cats are completely hollowed out, and the 3rd cat is now a Y pipe and there is no resonator. Still has the factory piping and mufflers .. Im going to see what I can do when I put new cats on it, but it sounds pretty good the way it is now, not ricey or loud .. just wont pass smog and I need to get that done now that the car is running before I start driving it. ( helps to have more than one Tbird so you can switch lisence plats .... ) :D

Biggest suprise for me was that the car actually started right up without me having to trace down some wire or a ground not connected .. you know how that can go sometimes. :cool:

Im usually around on the weekends unless I have something planned with the family. You can stop by anytime if youd like since youre really close by in the area. If you want to you can give me a call sometime 408-429-9121 Cel.

- Dan

CurtisPaulfrey
08-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Good job, I ran my car without the back 2 mufflers and it was loud enough for me