Street Mach. Nat. Show, Springfield, IL

Ballman

Great show , lots of room and lots of cars . Aug. 24,25,26th at the State Fairgrounds in Springfield, IL . Have a few Birds going , SCya there , DW Not sure witch car Im showing , but it will be on Fire ........:D

We've got numerous birds coming from the TBU. It will be nice to see one of your cars in person.

The Big Show

Good deal , Brian had told me that you e mailed him and last year we said that we would be there this year with our cars , so here we come , lets hope for good weather . Hope you all park in the same spot , that was a great spot . Not sure witch car to bring , but at least 2 more Birds will be there . Trying to post about the show to get more Birds to come and join us at the Show , should be a great time , also we are trying to stay at a Hotel where you guys are staying at , Brian is doing that , just to keep the party going at the Hotel . SCya there , Thanks for the reply Kurt , ........... DW

Attachments

• Front - side SC photo , e mail.jpg
    Front - side SC photo , e mail.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 128
Glad to hear that you and Brian are making it. As of now, including you both we should have 9 dudes easy with at least 3 other possibles.

Micah PM'd me about this meet. Anymore details on time and fees to show the car(s)?

Is there an entry fee? Have a website that will fill in some questions about the event? Sorry, but I am new to IL.

Thanks,

Todd

Car is nothing to look at (yet), but with some interior work, new rear seat and head liner it will be moving right up there.

Thanks for the info! See what I can do to make it happen. Only 95 miles one way.

Last edited:
The Show

Hope to see Todd put his car on the Dyno, see what that can do , looks to be build up real nice . Last year , I was there to see Davids car go 418 HP :eek: on the Dyno, WoW , that was something to see and Hear , I will pitch in a dollar or two to see that one again . Lets hope David and his car will be there . . SCya , DW . My other Turbo Coupe .

Attachments

• 88Turbocoupe.jpg
    88Turbocoupe.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 113
Hope you can make it Todd...we plan on invading the showfield!!! And DW, that TC is still dead sexy...every time I see a clean 87-88 TC the gears start to turn again.

And if you guys visit tbu.cx there is a lot more information posted there, but you have to be registered to view (sorry).

Sorry, can't help you with campgrounds. Some of us are staying at the Ramada on the north side of Springfield.

The Big Show

Well , just think for 80 some bucks you can party with us for half the night , I think Kurt told me so far there will be like 9 of us there so far . I can kick in 5 bucks to help ya stay at the Hotel:D , more there are the more fun it will be . SCya there , DW

My 90 SC Bird is not good enough looking to enter a car show.
But I am thinking about going to see the show cars.

Thanks Randy

Randy, have you seen the fading paint on my front bumper or all of the little rock chips in the hood? I know my car is not worthy of winning any car show in it's current shape, but I'm still bringing it. I think it would be great if you would add your car to out growing list of cars that will be at the event.

Randy,
Not many of us have a "perfect car", including me, we are going just to have fun and make some new friends. Bring you car and have fun.

Probably be Sunday before I can get there. Have a SC to go pick up in MO and that will pretty much take up Saturday, but it's for a good reason. :eek:

Who should I PM my phone number too so I can find you all?

The Big show

Kurt, yes I to think Randy should bring his car to the show , we like to see more of us there with their cars and that gets you also in the show and also with the entry you can have 1 person in the car with you . So it almost pays to enter the show . SCya there , DW

Attachments

• SC front end fire photo.jpg
    SC front end fire photo.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 80
Back