firm ride

BrentSC

hey guys my firm ride light is blinking 3 times, which should mean my front right hand auctuator is screwd. does anyone know how to fix it or how much a new one is???? im not really sure what to replace any help would be great, thanks,

brent

It doesn't mean that the actuator is screwed, it means that there is a problem there. Usually the problem is just that the adjuster pin in the shock has gummed up and the motor isn't able to switch it anymore. Most folks just pull the motor off the shock, soak the pin area with wd-40, Note the position of the pin, and then use a needle-nose pliers to turn the pin back and forth to loosen it up.

Once loose, reinstall the motor and see if the code goes away.

Also search a bit and you'll find this info all over the place.

Remove the offending actuator, shoot some WD40 down the top of the shock rod. Inside the rod is a small thingy (??) that the actuator turns to adjust the shock.
Take a small pair of needle nose and twist that thing around both ways a few times. (Mine was stuck pretty good, but be gentle and let the WD40 soak for a little while) You want to mark the alignment of this adjuster, just so you can get the actuator lined back up. If you lose your original position, still pretty easy to see how it fits into the actuator and just line it back up so the actuator can go back on.

Watch for bubbles coming out of the adjuster which will indicate your shock seals are leaking and the shocks need to be replaced. If this doesn't fix it, test the actuator out, it's probably bad.

One of my old SC's had this same problem. Turned out to be the ARC computer. Switched out with a known good unit and problem gone.

Back