performing eec-iv tests

mywhite89

I just got my eec-iv diagnostic tool in the mail yesterday and got a chance to play around with it a little tonight. I performed the KOEO(key on engine off) test. I had one code stored, code 15. This code said something about eec-iv memory not working. Well I ended up checking fuses for one that said something about memory. Found a 20amp under the hood that said memory and sure enough I had a blown fuse.

I re-did the test and the code still comes up, do I need to drive the car for a little while to re-set the code or do I probably still have a problem to look for? I cleared the history codes, but that doesn't get rid of this code 15 because it is a current problem code.

I really like this tool, i'll have everything fixed pretty soon.

.....had the same problem...was told by it is caused by my chip...probably yours too....
z

.....had the same problem...was told by it is caused by my chip...probably yours too....
z

In the instructions that come with my code scanner it says to fix all koeo problems before attempting a koer test because it may skew readings for that test. If that is normal with the sct chip, then I guess I am doing alright. I don't think a code like that would skew the results of a koer test anyways but just checking.

Thanks for the information.

Chris

to clear the code after the problem has been fixed take the - and + battery cables off and hold them togther while someone holds the brake pedal for 1 minute this will clear the codes ..the guys at levelten.com showed me that for when they do a valvebody or shift kit install

In the instructions that come with my code scanner it says to fix all koeo problems before attempting a koer test because it may skew readings for that test. If that is normal with the sct chip, then I guess I am doing alright. I don't think a code like that would skew the results of a koer test anyways but just checking.

Thanks for the information.

Chris

....my understanding is that the scanners are measuring OEM settings,a piggyback chip will alter the OEM prom memory and the scanner will read a code....maybe I'm wrong,if so I'm sure someone else more knowledgable will chime in......
z

Read the manual further. Down the pages there are steps to clear the codes. Basically start the KOEO test and within so many seconds press a button again. then turn the key off. Codes should be cleared. It's in the book.

Read the manual further. Down the pages there are steps to clear the codes. Basically start the KOEO test and within so many seconds press a button again. then turn the key off. Codes should be cleared. It's in the book.

I performed this function. You can only clear the continuous memory codes. The code that is stored in mine is a "fault code" which is a code found during the test. So once its fixed, you should be able to run the koeo test again, and the code will be gone. Code 15 states, "EEC (PCM) READ ON MEMORY (ROM) TEST FAILED"

I did find a blown fuse that says "memory" (fuse M)under the hood that must be related to the problem. I'm not sure where else to go with this though. According to what I am understanding, the eec is losing memory on shutoff, meaning the constant power source is absent once the key is shut off. My understanding is that my computer will be going into re-learn mode every time I start the car.

My other idea is that now that I have a fuse in their, I need to actually run the car for a couple minutes. I havent ran it for more then 10 or 15 seconds since installing the new fuse, which isn't even enough time for the O2 sensors to start reading.

Sounds kind of like a cd player where you have a constant power source(continuous 12 volt source for storing radio presets and audio functions) and an accessory power source that actually powers the player when the car is on. I'm going to check my schematics tonight and find that wire to the eec, and check it for power so I know for sure.

Does everyone with the SCT chip show this code??

Last edited:
Back