Frustration...PLEASE HELP!!

wauseonbird

Ok i thought my fuel pump took a dump on me and well i replaced that and it still has NO fuel!..I called ford they want 22 bucks for a relay..well about that i cant find it!..he said its in the passenger side fenderwell..I cant find it and i am pissed!..Can i surpass the relay and jump it and not have it?...I NEED HELP!!

First off before you break something that will cost you huge more dollars..... TAKE A DEEP BREATH and calm down.

No you can't bypass the relay etc. The first thing I would check is the safety cutoff switch in the trunk on the drivers side. You'll need to peel back the carpet and you should see something with a yellow (maybe another colour). Push that button in to make sure its set.

Try that and get back to us, as if that doesn't get you going we need to start checking up on fuses etc next.

checked...

ok ok we checked the the cutoff switch its still down..all good...fuel pump fuse is good.. eec fuse is good.. what else and where is the DAMN relay!!!???

If memory serves me...

The EEC and the fuel pump relays are both in the power distribution center under the hood near the battery. The legend is under the cover/lid. I do believe you can swap the headlight or any other relay for testing EXCEPT THE EEC ONE!! NO power to EEC and NO fuel pump operation.

Let us know what you find.

wrong...

those are NOT relays!..those are fusable links/fuses!..ERR!...ok so i have done more testing and I have power to the fuel pump but its real weak on the test light...whats this mean?...and when trying to start it..with starting fluid all it does is crank and crank and crank.....the last time i drove this piece of crap it was fine!!...

update..

with the key on and my computer controlling the fuel pump on..there is no power going to the pump..explain what where when how....whatever please help

There are relays in that under hood fuse box. Look under the cover they will tell you what they are for. Not sure what year but some had the fuel pump relay in the ICRM. If all else fails trace the wires form the front to the back. I have seen so many t birds with water under the drivers side carpet that rots the wires. You might also have a bad ground on the pump itself.

ok ok..

there is no relays under the box...trust me i checked..and i do believe this is one where its in the ircm!..and if the ground is bad what should i do?..and what should it do?..i used a test light and grounded it to the chassis and its not lighting

Ok here is picture of my 93 but keep in mind its a LX. See the two little boxes, one is green and one is black. Some had the relay in the trunk just in front of the inherta switch. If its a bad ground do this, take another wire and ground it good somewere close to the ground for the fuel pump . Skin the old ground if close to the pump if needed. Then test with your light. If its bright you got it. Look under the cover of the box. There is a fuel pump fuse there also.

Attachments

• DVC00003.JPG
    DVC00003.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 64
hmm

Dude you should really get a manual for your car cause lots of the stuff that is frustrating you could be found in the manual. now I know exactly what happens to one when things don't go your way trust me!!! last weekend I wrecked my PS pump cause I was winning the car was losing:mad: Not quite:cool: Just an idea.

update...

ok ok here...i replaced the fuel pump and the filter..and the relay is in progress..but i am using the horn relay for testing purposes..my new issue is..it starts now but it will only run for like 1 min and then shakes and bucks and what not and shuts off..or if you give it any gas past 0 into boost it bucks and shudders and shuts down.. and when i start it..there is no upshift light while cranking because i know someone will ask...

Did you ever check for fuel pressure?:rolleyes:

What he said. If its running lean you could burn holes right threw the pistons. Its easy to throw parts at it but it needs to be tested. If it has fuel, spark, timming and air it will run but something is wrong and you need to test for these things. The computer itself will tell you most of what might be wrong. Read up on how to test all the systems. your main tool is a jumper wire. There are alot of members in Ohio that would gladly come over and look at it for you. I think most of the club is from Ohio

Last edited:
oh really!?...

ok so...heres some codes...both are in the On demand and Keep alive memory...543.. 556..In Key on Engine Off If you know what they are..you can help me...people are telling me cam sensor...because of the way it starts up..is fine for like ten seconds and then shuts down.. ook...Any club member in the Northwest Ohio Region???..I live in Wauseon Oh,...surrounding towns are Archbold, Napoleon, Delta, Defiance.....anything there ring a bell...Im replacing the cam sensor tomorrow...we will see what happens!

543-When the PCM commanded the fuel pump on, voltage was not detected on FPM.

556-Fuel Pump circuit failure

ok...

ok now that you told me what i already knew..how about telling me how to rid my car of those codes...(the proper way)..i know what you are thinkning...while using the horn relay things seem to be better than the one i bought from autozone...i probably should buy the right one from ford but hey i work at autozone so i figured i would try and match something up from there...

Back