Nitrous positioning

V6Sprout

If you were to install a small shot of nitrous(50hp shot) on a SC motor where would be the best spot to put it? Before or after the IAT? Anyone have pics of where they istalled theirs? I searched NITROUS but it brings up a whole lot of useless threads.

If you were to install a small shot of nitrous(50hp shot) on a SC motor where would be the best spot to put it? Before or after the IAT? Anyone have pics of where they istalled theirs? I searched NITROUS but it brings up a whole lot of useless threads.

I've seen it done both ways....it doesn't seem to matter. I've got mine located in the lower IC tube about 18" before the return plenum. This article has some good info on using nitrous including pics of nozzel locations on an SC motor.

http://www.sccoa.com/sccoo/Faq/nitrousoxide.htm

David

thanks Dave I'll check it out.

BTW I was thinking a 50HP WET SHOT if that makes a difference.

Put it on the back side of the plenum right before it goes into the intake manifold

a non SC person wont know what hit them

I plummed mine into the return plenum, I was told that the closer to the intake manifold the better, don't know if that's true or not but that's how I did it.

Last edited:
Mine is plumbed before the IAT and I am planning on moving it. When we were dyno tuning we watched timing during a 100 shot spray and it made no difference though.

Back