Teflon Rotors and Port

cachethunder

Hi everyone, i want to know opinions about this: I want to buy a chevy m90 teflon rotor and install on my early 93 superchager, port the case and inlet plenum. Is a realy gain in performance??:confused:. And is similar or better in performace than a 94-95 stock supercharger? thanks to all:D

The blower will be a little more efficient if the coating is still any good, so the temps might drop a little. As far as being as good as a '94/'95........ nope

The older style had a smaller oval inlet where as the newer had a rectangle and was larger so the air flowed easier. These blowers are seriously affected by inlet sizes.

The blower will be a little more efficient if the coating is still any good, so the temps might drop a little. As far as being as good as a '94/'95........ nope

The older style had a smaller oval inlet where as the newer had a rectangle and was larger so the air flowed easier. These blowers are seriously affected by inlet sizes.

but if the port job are bigger:D or match the square port?

Welding and alot of porting..Then you need to hope the case didnt distort...Or you can get a 94/95 blower with matching inlet

See you would have to extensively modify your inlet as well. If you weld aluminum and have more time then money then perhaps its teh better way to go for you. If not then I;d suggest buying the 94/95 setup

Welding and alot of porting..Then you need to hope the case didnt distort...Or you can get a 94/95 blower with matching inlet

See you would have to extensively modify your inlet as well. If you weld aluminum and have more time then money then perhaps its teh better way to go for you. If not then I;d suggest buying the 94/95 setup

Ditto. You can port the 89-93 blower and get sort of close to what a regular 94-95 blower flows, but you can't match the 94-95 without a lot of welding and grinding work. And the case has to be kept straight, as heat distortion would cause problems.

I am currently trying to port an early model blower on my own, but that's just because I didn't want to pay for a later blower. And I am not even going to attempt any welding.

ok, i think i see for some 94-95 , but the chevy teflon rotors are better than the 94-95 exposy coated rotors?:cool:

The magnuson s-port blower which type of rotors have?? somebody already install the chevy teflon rotors? any performance??:cool:

Later gen meaning the GTP rotors..Unsure if performance would differ however the GTP coating holds upbetter..The Real Magnusun S port has different rotors then the 94-95 SC m90, at least mine does

Last edited:
Kurt the coating looks different then a stock 94/95 SC coating. Maybe because it was purchased at a much later date? Just going by what I have as I know the rotor pack has never been changed in my S port nor my 94 from what I know

The M112 rotors I used for the hybrid was coated with the rubbery black stuff. It was peeling everywhere.
The 94 rotors " Gray poweder coat looking stuff" out of my car holds up a lot better. .02

My 94 rotor coating was greyish in color. The GTP rotor back I saw was white. Maybe the 94 rotors where once the same white color?

paul I dont remember the gtp I put in being white anywhere ? not positive on that, but i think i'd remember if it was white..

Back