New member new SC owner lots of problems

Slowbrokebird

91 sc auto cant get the car over 45mph 5lbs boost 15inlb vac no power at all over 5000 invested in last 3 mo my 93 tbird 3.8 w 200000 mi runs 10X better than this car what gives?

91 sc auto cant get the car over 45mph 5lbs boost 15inlb vac no power at all over 5000 invested in last 3 mo my 93 tbird 3.8 w 200000 mi runs 10X better than this car what gives?

you got to be a little more specific with your mods, Your other car runs good cause it's untouched. You can't just expect it to work perfect without any adjustments or tinkering. If that was the case there would be no sccoa. So help us out by telling us all exactly whats done to this car and maybe you'll get some suggestions.... just my thoughts!!;)

91 Sc Auto,new long block from engines direct all stock 100000 mi on car 79,000on AOD,. CEl was on but it was the BAP the engine installer had a vac line conn to it. Car bucks under boost or vac searched for vac leaks found none. in the process of changing dis, coil back and cam sensor. Stoped for a minute to get hooked up w sccoa. since engine install i've limped the car around for about a 1,000 mi.

Oh yea I have removed the cats since i figured that what caused th other engine to take a dump. well that and over heating by prevous owner.

Slowbrokebird needs help

I've been trying to get on here for the last 2 mo finally had to ask my wife to help me out ten minutes later here i am. Maybe now i can enjoy the benifits of a SC instead of the headache ive been having. haha::

99% of the time, bucking under boost is caused by bad plugs or wires. Sometimes even new plugs are cracked and wires are easily damaged. I had the same problem a week after installing headers.

David

You have a vacuum/boost leak for sure. These cars stock should get around 19in at warm idle and you should get at around 12 lbs boost. Do you still have the resonator on? If so, that is alot more restrictive than the cats are.

If the installer hooked up the BAP, he may have hooked up some of the other vacuum lines wrong as well.

oh i also noticed that w a timing light hoked up to the wires while engine was running the flashes of the light were not consistant they were all different dep on what wire i hooked it to

yes i have the res res on i took it off but it sounded like a 2 stroke dirt boke, so i put it back on dont have money right now for a aft mkt still trying to make the car run so i can drive it around over 30-40 mph

It sounds like you could have a combination of a few problems.....

I would get a set of IC gaskets to rule out any leaks in that area....

Then check plugs and wires....

If the wires are original, then replace them......

Get a length of vacuum hose and put one end in your ear and use the other end to search around both sides of the intake....

If there is a leak, you will hear it.....

Back