Vac leak detect ?s

Slowbrokebird

How effective is checking the system by pressurerizing it with a comp to 10 or 15lbs. Will it blow any of my new seals or gaskets? The carb clean, starting fluid didnt work for detect the leaks that or i dont have n e leaks. I really Doubt that

will the car run at all ? if u can get it to at least idle u can spray carb cleaner on all the vacuum and IC tube connections. if u hit a leak, rpms will kick up.

and yes pressurizing the intake is the only real way to check for vac leaks. soak down all the vac lines and joints with a solution of soap and water. even 5psi will find leaks.

How effective is checking the system by pressurerizing it with a comp to 10 or 15lbs. Will it blow any of my new seals or gaskets? The carb clean, starting fluid didnt work for detect the leaks that or i dont have n e leaks. I really Doubt that

You are correct propane or carb cleaner just doesnt find leaks everytime most of the time not at all. Yes you can pressurize the intake system to find leaks. I pressure up mine to 15 lbs and if you find all the big ones you can use a soapy solution to find the little ones

Ken

Back