Every things new still runs like crap, Fixed HB smoked the tires almost happy

Slowbrokebird

I had a local shop install engine and put every thing new $5250 worth i have yet to enjoy this car.But hopefully i can get it fixed with some help from you guys.
New stuff 8mm wires, Plugs, Bap sensor, water pump, filters, gaskets, i changed the DIS but the car wouldnt run at all so i put the old one back in, i have a coil not installed, a cam sensor not installed, No per formance upgrades. How can i check timing when the little cover behind The HB is Broke and flops around

Last edited:
Reseal the IC tubes, especially the one that connects to the intake at the top of the engine. The job will take some work, but if you "had" someone do work on the car.. IC tubes are the thing that they most often fail to have the knowledge to seal correctly.

Also, check that the plug wires are connected to the correct plug and the correct coil tap. Trace the wire from the coil pack to each plug. It goes like this:

(back side)
564 <- This is where mistakes often occur.
(front side)

changed plugs and wires found 2 bad wires cyl 2 and 5 no more bucking but still no power and drive side exhaust is glowing no cats .

$5250 and it doesn't run right. Sounds like you have your work done at Whescru Emard's Auto Shop. I bet if you take it back to them, they're blame it on you.

Actually yes they said since it didnt run when i took it there that it was more messed up then just blown head gaskets. they charged for 25 hrs labor. Oh well
And they broke every clip on every connector and said it couldnt of been avoided.

I had a shop install all my parts. I can honestly say that I'll work on it from now on, They put my engine in and all my bolt-on parts and did heads and cam for 4k and I still have a power steering leak :( and I had to play with the TPS and Air Bleed to get the car to idle.

The shop that did my car took $1400 off my bill because it didn't run right when I picked it up......................I turned the sample tube around and put gas in it and it fired up after about an hour :cool:

I'm not even going to start on all the problems I had with getting parts from Charles, then when I got them they had to go to the machine shop to get worked on so they would fit.

Thanks. So, you have any sugestions on my issues ive been searchin the forum maybe HB its been removed and reinstalled well this will be the third time itis a fact 1, maybe TPS, Drive side 02 why wouldnt the new coil or dis work

Oh i bought a scanner 2 day but no codes were found the 1 i was using was from the station down the street i pay 20 dollars every time i used it could have bought 5 of my own didnt know they were so cheap

well oil drips from the lower ic tube. Im going to check for leaks with a compressor in a bit. But would a leak cause my drive side manifold to be glowing

well oil drips from the lower ic tube. Im going to check for leaks with a compressor in a bit. But would a leak cause my drive side manifold to be glowing

I personally don't think it would. I really feel you should do your troubleshooting systematically. There’s plenty of ways to troubleshoot a problem, just take in one step at a time. Take one system at a time and troubleshoot. Start with the fuel system. Put on a fuel pressure gage and see what she says then report back.

i get 35 psi at idle up to 50psi actually 46 47 psi when i give it gas when i turn car off the psi goesn from 35 to 12psi in about 10 15 min.

Back