PDA

View Full Version : 93 s/c brake questions

Joey D
08-11-2007, 05:21 PM
i researched it all i could. im looking at a 93 s/c and the brake light and abs light is on. from reading, looks like the problem could be the accumulator? how much is one? what do they do? is it hard to install? thanks for the help. the car has 75,000 miles and looks pretty good, with no rust. whats a good price?

Joey D
08-15-2007, 02:23 AM
ok i drove the car. the brake resevoir had no brake fluid in it. filled it up, and both brake lights went off. I drove the car and the pedal went to the floor and the car did not want to stop. whats the problem? do they need to be blead? also the car is boosting to 9 lbs and does not pull very well. can that be a vacuum leak??? any help would be appreciated

DrFishbone
08-15-2007, 06:18 AM
I don't think 93's have an accumulator. At least not the "ball" type that is on the earlier models.

Sounds like you could have a leak. Do a standard vacuum leak test (look it up on here). I'd say check your IC pipes and the inlet into the intake manifold, since boost is low. Maybe you'll find something.

I don't know on the brakes...is there any funny noises from the master cylinder area under the hood - particularly when you hit the brakes?

sail7seas
08-15-2007, 07:44 AM
ok i drove the car. the brake resevoir had no brake fluid in it. filled it up, and both brake lights went off. I drove the car and the pedal went to the floor and the car did not want to stop. whats the problem? do they need to be blead? also the car is boosting to 9 lbs and does not pull very well. can that be a vacuum leak??? any help would be appreciated

If the pedal goes to the floor your could have a serious leak. (pushing fluid out)
Normally, when the accumulator goes south, it creates a hard pedal (at top).
Running with no brake fluid you... now have air in the system, and should bleed the system (use forum search tool)

Joey D
08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
thanks for the replies

doug93sc
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
thanks for the replies

The 93 SC does not have an accumulator. You most likely have a leak somewhere, don't drive it until you can find out the problem.

Joey D
08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
ok, i was looking at the lines and could not find any leaks. no idea where to start. also the car was hesitating under full throttle while only pushing 9 lbs of boost. sparks plugs and boost leak???

doug93sc
08-15-2007, 03:57 PM
ok, i was looking at the lines and could not find any leaks. no idea where to start. also the car was hesitating under full throttle while only pushing 9 lbs of boost. sparks plugs and boost leak???

Since there are no leaks that you can see bleed the brakes...that should solve it.

As for hesitating under full throttle it could be the plugs but is also probably the plug wires as well. If you don't know how long ago they were replaced I would replace the plugs and the wires, make sure you get Motorcraft replacement wires and plugs...stay away from bosch plugs and cheap plug wires.

Joey D
08-15-2007, 04:10 PM
ok thanks again. i didnt buy the car because of the brakes and the hesitating. i'm still thinking about buying it.