some progress

89tird

i dont know if some of you remember i had some threads going about my car not starting after the hg's, i stopped working on it for like 3 weeks because of my job, well got my hands on it today, changed the ignition switch and battery terminals, still doesnt start through the ignition switch ..

before it was starting through the starter solenoid with a screwdriver but will run for two seconds with a loud whine then shut off, well today ran and stayed running but missing a lot, with the loud whine like a supercharger and the whine gets louder with more throttle.

checked vac got like 5 i smell fuel in the engine and i saw the throttle looking thing on the back of the sc open alot a startup is this normal? do i have a big vac leak?

car has new battery, ig switch, ps pump, fuel pump relay.. thanks

i think the best thing for us to help u would be to get a video of the whole start-up process on here. hearing what goes on would help quitre a bit.

tried to get a video of the car running but it didnt start, after like 10 tries , got a short video while cranking sorry for the quality i was using my cell phone .
after every failed attempt the fan comes on for a couple of seconds , also when removing the key from the igniton the ircm clicks once , and while opening the switch the same thing , also while trying to do the ecm test ircm clicks.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/nyinterceptor/?action=view&current=Video006.flv

Last edited:
ok found out that the wire that goes from the starter to the starter relay on the fender was bad , got a wire from the starter to the relay and now the car cranks from the igniton switch , still not starting though.

checked injectors with a timing light and the injectors get power but they dont pulsate ?? the plugs look clean and not fouled , the injectors are powered by the pcm right ? wheres the pcm and is there a relay that controls them ?

http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,33133/initialAction,accessoryProductDetail/initialR,NONAPP23554/shopping/selectZip.htm
trying to get some codes with a paper clip but it doesnt let me anti theft module buzzes , thinking about getting a odb1 code reader from autozone, does anybody know if this will give me the codes? or it wont work like the paperclip?

i have that exact scanner and its worked great for me. comes with a cool little book telling u everything u need to know.

are there any lights flashing or on when starting it? I know that a leaking sc top or leaking IC pipes will cause it to run like crap once you get it fired. I just went through that.

no the only light that flashes is the alarm light when i open the door , nothing flashes while cranking, i resealed the sc top with orange rtv and im about to pour some around the ic tubes just in case

damn just tried using the scan tool and same thing , doesnt work , the ircm clicks and the anti theft clicks but thats it .. i guess im going to check injectors next

damn just tried using the scan tool and same thing , doesnt work , the ircm clicks and the anti theft clicks but thats it .. i guess im going to check injectors next

Make sure to check your harmonic balancer and crank sensor.If the snout is broken it could be way off on the timing and the crank bolt will hold it together for awhile.Anyone having strange problems should check for this if they have a stock HB.Also when mine did it I didn't get any codes from the eec.

i checked the crank sensor and sprayed it with some contact cleaner the bolt is there and the hb doesnt wobble when im cranking the car

finally got a video of the car running , i checked the injectors a couple of days ago and they werent getting power , so i thought that the wire that goes from the ecm to the injectors got messed up , because same thing hapenned to the small starter wire i guess when i droped the engine after changing the engine mounts the wires got caught by the engine.

well today i sprayed some fuel in the throttle body and it caught up , you will hear the loud squeel i was talking about and its loud because the down tubes still disconnected (pita to get under the car )

car ran even after i think the fuel would have burnt out the tb , was fuel being supplied ? i was getting 10 hg of vacum sometimes 5 sometimes 0 ?? what do you guys think ? http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/nyinterceptor/?action=view&current=choppy.flv

Back