What is it with People sometimes

Dahoopd

So I found a truck I want on ebay, its in illinois. I bid without hitting the reserve. Others bid and they dont hit the reserve. So the truck gets relisted for no sale. I offer to bid the reserve because I want the truck bad. But the guy is not willing to deliver it to the airport or drive to pick me up an hour away and I am willing to pay for the gas.

Am I asking for too much?

Let him sit on it.....

It didn't meet the reserve the first time he listed it and it probably won't hit it the second time......

Eventually he will come to the realization that to sell his truck, he will have to go the extra mile :D to sell it to you......

So I found a truck I want on ebay, its in illinois. I bid without hitting the reserve. Others bid and they dont hit the reserve. So the truck gets relisted for no sale. I offer to bid the reserve because I want the truck bad. But the guy is not willing to deliver it to the airport or drive to pick me up an hour away and I am willing to pay for the gas.

Am I asking for too much?

Yep you are asking for too much. Likely he's a pain in the ~~~ so you might be better off just finding something else. I'd be skeptical about what I was buying from someone like that.

Surely would make me wonder.;)

I guess I wouldn't have a problem with the guy. He's setting the terms, and for whatever reason that's the terms. he has no obligation to sell it for anything different, you have no obligation to buy it for his current terms.

That he's not flexible only means he's not flexible. Can't tell me that such people are completely new to you. I know a lot of folks like that. Easy to deal with mostly as you know exactly where they stand with no wiggle room.

I am assume the truck just wouldnt make it back to maryland or there was something else up. There was a new ebay memebr, created with todays date that did a buy it now on the truck. Funny how after the run around, a new buyer creates an ebay account and does a buy it now.

I don't really see a problem with what he did. If he got a bunch of bids on the truck, even if they didn't hit the reserve, I can see how someone wouldn't want to be troubled with driving two hours if there were other people willing to pick it up at his front door. There are lots of fish out there and he just found someone else who was more convenient to him. And you can pretty much bet that anyone buying it is gonna be driving it a substantial distance home so unless he specified otherwise, I'm sure the truck was good for a road trip.

I bought a car off ebay and the guy pick me and dad up at the airport 45min away and took us back to his house to look over the car gave us about 45min and offered to drive us back to the airport if we didnt like it we bought it and drove it home and like you said it was cheaper that way.

Back