Anyone have troubles with Duplicolor paint?

quick35th

I tried painting my hood sunday night and I had nothing but problems with the Duplicolor black primer that I had bought at Advance Auto. It collected at the top of the can and dripped everywhere, sprayed in two fine lines, or turned blue primer after a little whle. Who knows, maybe they had gotten a bad batch of paint or something. I am going to try some other paint from Autozone later on tonight.

I cant view photobucket from here at work so hopefully Ryan will be posting up my progress pics soon.

Shane

img138.jpg

img141.jpg

img139.jpg

I've had a bd can before. I bought three cans and one did the same bull crap that happened to you. I took it back and Napa replaced it for free.

question... where are the tops of your doors? just curious... i always thought it should just be a wing-style door on our cars.. without a frame for the glass, like the mustangs...

question... where are the tops of your doors? just curious... i always thought it should just be a wing-style door on our cars.. without a frame for the glass, like the mustangs...

They were long cut off by the previous owner in the quest to loose weight.

Shane

Sometimes its the Nozzle .. cheap ones, they clog up, or if you have you fingertip too far forward when you are spraying it can collect, and drip, etc ..

When I spray paint something really big like a hood, I use special spray paint tips, like for graffiti artists .. they make fat tips that will spray ALOT of paint so you dont have to go over it again and again and get streaks in your paintjob.

- Dan

yeah. those blue tips are effing worthless... dont ever count on using a metallic paint on one of them.. i cant tell you how many botched paint jobs i had with those... so i started using a normal tip from an old can... the duplicrap tips suck. period.

Back