M90 Rotor Bearing Replacement

rickbtbird

M90 Rotor Bearing Replacement, has anybody ever done this? I've already got instruction on the snout bearing replacement.

I picked up a used blower the other day for cheap and I was going to tear it down for inspection prior to use or sell. I wanted to know how difficult it was to do the bearing replacement on the rotors. Thanks in advance.

I plan on doing mine as well, I hear its not too hard, just ahve to make sure the new bearings are in teh exact same place as the old ones, you ahve to measure the distance on the stock ones before removal. Although som guys know the actual measurement anyways but measure just in case. They just press in and out.

I can't seem to remove the 1” plate and rotors away from the blower housing. The FAQ's made it sound like it came apart by hand. Mine feel like it's pressed in together. There's a couple of bushing sleeves which I think is holding it together but I can't get those out either.

Final results: Rotor bearing replacement completed.
  1. I used a scribe to mark the position of the old bearings.
  2. I used a c-clamp and a 1-1/4 inch socket positioned inside the case to press out the old bearings.
  3. Once removed, I coated down the bore and the outside of the new bearings with wd40.
  4. I didn't use the socket for installation. Put the new bearings in the bore and using the c-clamp slowly tighten down the new bearing until it close to flush with the top of the case.
  5. You could also use an undersize socket to finish the job which might be a better idea.
    You may have to remove the clamp a couple of time checking the distance, using the old bearings on top of the new bearings finish pressing the new bearings in place.
  6. Carefully remove the old bearings by tapping on its side with a hammer.
See attached Photo taken after the bearing were replaced.

Attachments

• blowerbearings.jpg
    blowerbearings.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 435
  • blowerbearings-1.jpg
    blowerbearings-1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Back