Wierd problems

jr69187

Ok my friend has a i think an 89 sc. Here is the thing. It ran great and then one day it started doing this. The idle is at 2000 to 3000. It is running good boost. And the computer is not reading anything. So we replaced the mas air sensor, throttle pisition, and the idle air sensor. And it still does this and there one other thing the brakes are acting soft and brake light keeps comming on. also when you clutch the car in gear the rpm drop for a second and then go back up this only happens when you clutch it while in gear out of gear it does not change it if you clutch it. We have tried to look for vacum leakes with ether but have not found anything any ide what it is??

thanks
jr

I know you already checked for vacume leaks but.. Sounds just like a vac leak in the upper or lower IC tube. Check the big nut comming off the top of the blower.

Good luck.

IAC is probably the culprit for the bad idle

As for brakes. Seems they were not bled properly, and also do not have enough fluid in them

ok one thing this is a 91 and we checked all the ic hoses and still no luck and what is an IAC???

jr

an IAC is the idle air control which si the thing mounted just after the throttle body. IT typically goes bad on an sc, and the onyl replacement is from ford because the auto parts stores carry the wrong one.

symptons of it are unexplainded high idle all of a sudden, and when it gets worse, when you turn your car off it makes a sound like a dying goose

Back