fan relay

The cooling fan relay (Cooling Fan Control Module) is located on passenger side engine compartment, right behind the grill to the right of headlight. The corner pocket if you were playing pool. Thats where AllData says it is....If they lied, let me know and I will check Mitchell on Demand...

Ircm

The fan relay is actually in the IRCM (Intergrated Relay Control Module) located between the airbox (if you still have the stock box for the air filter) and the right headlight. You really can't get to the fan relay itself because it is a circuit inside the module. They don't typically fail that often anyway.
If you are having fan problems, check the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor. It is located in the area between the DIS module and the supercharger. (I don't recall the exact part of the engine it plugs in to, but it is on the top in the general area of the DIS). There should be a connector with 2 or 3 wires. Another cause of "no fan" is a blown fusible link on the line that powers the fan. It is by the main fuse box near the starter relay (driver side fender). Now I've told you just about everything I know about the cooling fan circuit, even though you didn't ask...:D

the fan is working but im wanting to set the relay into full on when the ignition is on. by the sounds of the modul being the relay switch for it then i think ill just run a new relay for manual control. any1 have info on bypassing the relay so i can have constant fan flow when engine is running?

Last edited:
Back