PDA

View Full Version : Using standard 3.8 NA radiator

backtobirds
08-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Before I drop the money for a Griffin or stuff a universal in there, has anyone here with a front mount intercooler used a NA radiator or even the Griffin NA replacement in place of our tiny unit? If so I can get used replacement for now, since I do believe mine is decently plugged. If not then I'll go ahead with a SC rad or universal.

Tickler
08-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Before I drop the money for a Griffin or stuff a universal in there, has anyone here with a front mount intercooler used a NA radiator or even the Griffin NA replacement in place of our tiny unit? If so I can get used replacement for now, since I do believe mine is decently plugged. If not then I'll go ahead with a SC rad or universal.

Just go with a rad from a Five-oh

backtobirds
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I assume that would allow room to run pipes to a front-mount?

Rpdboss
08-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I used a stock 3.8 radiator from a junked 94. I did some mods to lower the radiator and moved it all the way toward the battery in which i had to drill new mounting holes on the bottom of the radiator support area. I had 3+ inches of clearance on the passenger side. If you do get this radiator take the fan with it to, its a two speed fan that plugs right in. should be fine with no stock intercooler there for fan clearances. send me any questions that ya have

backtobirds
08-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Sounds good. Anyone make a 3.8 NA aluminum radiator that you know of?