brakes

pock1

hi my fellow scers i have a brake broblem. was drivn the bird to lunch, was backing up to get in a space .when i anti-lock (amber light )came on and i had hard brake pedal.:eek: i switched the car off, turned it back on after a min.everything was ok.next day was driving (35mph ) stop for a light braked good .till hard brake pedal and almost could stop...lucky i wasn't going fast.whewwwwwww:confused:. got it back to my job, changed the abs realy under hood.brakes felt tighter....thought it was solved.untill 2 day.:mad:.amper light comes on when i start the car then goes out....red light dosen't come on at all..i checked the bulbs(all ok)...plus my hand brake doesn't make the redlight come on...(thinking i have to check the hand brake on that 1 i heard the pump still going when i turned the car off(the other day) so i don't hear it now:confused:. this happend to my silver sc(90) so i put a new pressure switch in problem solved:D.now this has happend on my white 90 sc.......hope i don't have to go through that again #$%^&*( what a pain in the .............:mad: i will try n pull the codes. the brakes don't do this all the time but im thinking the abs unit will have to be delt wit soon.. any ideas? i have a spare abs unit with a new pressure switch in it ready to install......i just don't wanna do that again.blah big t

I had the same problem it turned out to be the ABS unit sorry to say it will have to be delt witt.:p

yep the brakes on these cars are just wonderful -it should have been a major recall as far as im concerned ,being it's a major issue with quite a few people -not that -that means anything.

fords better idea -right

cheers

steve

Back