Flashing Battery Light

Happened to me once. Turned out to be a bad alternator. Auto zone will test it for free as well as your battery.

If you re read his post, it has nothing to do with a car.. He is asking about his computer I think...

Try replacing the voltage regulator. If the brushes get worn out, they can and will make intermittent contact.

Funny ,ok curtis
which one is flashing ,the one in the car or is it the laptop were talking about

steve

What he was saying was that his home computer is slow and he can't use the search function to get an answer for his flashing battery light in his car...I think.
But, just unplug the voltage regulator and make sure the conections are clean.When the plug is reinstalled make sure it is nice and tight.
Do the same thing with the alternator connections.

This particular alternator and VR set-up is well-known for poor electrical connections. You may get lucky!

And about the above post: The VRs used in these cars are electronic and have no moving parts. Exactly what 'brushes' are you referring to?

I'm sorry about the first post

It was 10 and I was very tired from getting my SC back together

my computer was very slow so I didnt have time to fix it so I made this thread

my question is "When my SC is running the little red battery light on my dash (of my car) keep flashing and sometimes it stays on" What can I fix

I'm sorry guys I'm not being a ~~~~ or a ~~~ I just suck at the n-ter-net

it's still kinda funny :D
but think you might be back at a replacement on Alt ,unless there might be the chance of a dirty connection (hopefully -thats a bit cheaper)

cheers

steve

Back