Is this TRUE or FALSE about Super Coupes???

C

CarAudioRules

Is this TRUE or FALSE about Super Coupes???

Do you need to put in MIDGRADE/HIGH OCTANE? Or is just normal or midgrade ok? I heard you need HIGH because of the SC...false? or true?

Re: Is this TRUE or FALSE about Super Coupes???

you need high octaine gas. true.

Mine says "Premium Unleaded Fuel" on the instrument cluster. It's there cause it's true. I even stuck a 93 Octane sticker inside the fuel door to remind anyone else that may drive the car.

Paul

PS: May say "Premium Unlead Fuel Only"... but I'm too lazy to go outside and check. :)

Mine has a premium unleaded only sticker inside the fuel door and its on the dash. I've seen at least one SC blow up because it was on regular fuel. Effective compression ratio gets pretty high with 10+ psi.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Stock you need at least 91 octane. With OD pulleys, 93 octane.

David

boy did i ever get lucky... when i just barely got my SC, my first day driving it (17 years old, 2nd car and 1st 5-speed) i took my mom for a ride in it and she liked it, so she told me to go to the gas station and she would buy me some gas. we go to the station and she grabs the pump with lowest octane, im like man, at least get the 91 octane, so she used that... then my friend noticed the next day it says PREMIUM ONLY on the instrument cluster, im glad he noticed that cause i never saw it. used 93 octane ever since, lol

ANOTHER ?

thanks...im deciding between a MUSTANG 5.0L or a SC...what would have better gas mileage?

In crappy southern California you can only get 91 octane. THIS FREAK'N BLOWS! At least in Texas it was 93 octane everyplace you turned. I guess I'm gonna have to foot the bill and get 100 octane....if I can even find the place that has it.

"thanks...im deciding between a MUSTANG 5.0L or a SC...what would have better gas mileage?"

From owning both at one time or another, I have to say they are about the same. My 5.0 Mustang would get an average of 22 mpg and my SC gets around 21 mpg. I'm sure the SC could get better if it weighed what the Mustang did.

Strictly highway mileage, both the Stang and the SC can get 30 mpg. Of course this assumes you can keep from going WOT all the time ;)

so what car did you like more the SC or Mustang?

Which board is this again? :lol:

That Honda is killing my eyes. :eek:

i have a question...

Can somebody tell me why exactly a 4 cylinder engine needs DUAL fart cannons?

Re: i have a question...

Less backpressure. I-4s blow headgaskets N/A. :lol:

Re: i have a question...

Hahaha, This Guy Is Trying To Ask A Question, But All Were Doing Is Bashing Him, Bwahaha, But That Honda Is An Eye-Sore :lol:

thanks...im deciding between a MUSTANG 5.0L or a SC...what would have better gas mileage?

Who cares? There's a zillion Mustangs out there :x . If your looking for gas mileage, keep your 4banger.

The Mustang 5.0L and Thunderbird SC relatively have the same gas milage, until you go mod-crazy. The average modded street Mustang runs about 10-15MPG, even less - SCs, a little higher.

The reason Premium Fuel is Required

When you hit 14 psi boost, you are packing twice as much air in the cylinders. You 6:1 CR becomes 12:1, & our little 232 CID V6 becomes equivilent to a 464 V6.

68COUGAR

Re: The reason Premium Fuel is Required

propane injection raises octane of 89 to 102 and brings down intake air temps to 65 deg below zero f and a 1 lb tank can last 1 month total price is around $350 but you will save that the first year in gas price saveings + the big power gains as you can run boost up to 22-24 lbs with right amount of propane ..... damn I sound like hank hill

Re: The reason Premium Fuel is Required

BTW

its not his honda, he's using someone else's user name. so don't bash him

But i agree go to your profile and delete the honda pic when your posting, it is hurting my eyes
:)

Ray

Back