double intercooler install.......

patragz22

What mods are needed to do for the istallation of double intercooler? Do I have to cut anything from the radiatior or old intercooler bracket??

You need to cut the all but the lower portion of the old i/c bracket off.So it just leaves the bottom portion still attached to the radiator which has the pin that slips into the core support.

Jay

Huh????? I have a double and the only mod is not using the rubber boot...the rest of the radiator supports and all are still there. You just have to pull the IC to remove the radiator.

Duffy the only reason I said that was because that's what my buddy had to do on his 94 to get his dbl/ic to fit.Of course there is numerous different dbl/ic all of which are sized a little different so I'm sure each one has it's own requirements to get them to fit.

Jay

i just put one in my car about a week ago, i just cut the stuff from the old intercooler off and wrestled the double in there took like 30 min. but it was in there, the bottom is gonna be kinda tricky to do, you have to use an open end wrench to get in there

I had to trim about 1/2" off the upper radiator bracket, where the rubber bellows was attached to get an ESM dbl IC to fit without rubbing. Clearance from the radiator end tanks was also very tight. Everytime I got on the gas hard the IC would hit the radiator end tank.

enginebay091402.jpg

David

I had to trim about 1/2" off the upper radiator bracket, where the rubber bellows was attached to get an ESM dbl IC to fit without rubbing. Clearance from the radiator end tanks was also very tight. Everytime I got on the gas hard the IC would hit the radiator end tank.

enginebay091402.jpg

David

You should send that IC to me and let me rework the end tanks. My idea is this, trailer your car up here and leave it with me. Ill take good care of it for you:D

Ken

You should send that IC to me and let me rework the end tanks. My idea is this, trailer your car up here and leave it with me. Ill take good care of it for you:D

Ken

Ken,

I sold that dbl IC back in 2001 when I got the MP FMIC...not much of anything under the hood looks the same now.

David

Back