Factory White Leather Interior?!

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
I found a (very very seemingly) factory interior that has white accents with the rest of the interior being the typical light-gray 93 color. Speaker covers and door-inserts are white leather/vinyl/whatever and seats are white leather, and as far as I can tell, factory! Notice the close-up of the door cup....it's not painted white, it's actually molded in white plastic.

I've seen one SC with white accents like this..it was said to be a special order vehicle. Any thoughts? :)

2463609_10_full.jpg

2463609_11_full.jpg

2463609_12_full.jpg

Used to be a 94-95 style sc cruisng around my area with white interior. Thats factory, and pretty rare I'm sure.

I remember someone showing pics of a teal 93 SC with the same interior on here years ago.
That is a rare car for sure.

I'd love to have those door panel inserts, rear speaker grilles, and door handle cups. What do you think they'd want for them at the salvage yard? I'd pay you for your time, also. Shoot me a P/M.

Thanks,

JD

That is pretty interesting looking. The interior looks to be in pretty good shape. Judging from all the trash strewn about the interior, I would have thought it would be more trashed than that. The part of the front seat I can see looks good, and the rear seatback looks nice too. I wonder how one would get an order like this?? Can you post the VIN or buck tag info?? Maybe there is a clue in there somewhere??

the white looks kinda nice, i considered doing some kinda black on white scheme, but i figured it would cost too much to have panels made, etc. Even though i kinda like the white, i still think it looks out of place with the rest of the interior. For instance, (not that i am an interior designer or anything) the white speaker panel looks awkward in the blue panels that go around them.

In any case, i am sure they are hard to find.

The passenger front seat was in better shape than the driver, but neither are what I would call "good" The driver seat looked like something exploded on it! :eek:

I think I'm going to go buy these for preservation's sake. I don't need them though, so if anyone really wants this stuff, PM me an offer or something. Hopefully, I can find the rear seat bottom too. :( I don't know why someone would take it and not the back too - except to lay on while working.

I remember someone showing pics of a teal 93 SC with the same interior on here years ago.
That is a rare car for sure.

I remember that too. There was another teal '93 with that interior on ebay a few years back. Wish mine came that way! :rolleyes:

Well, it's all (except the front seats) in my posession now. The passenger front seat was in decent condition, but the bottom seemed to be starting to deteriorate, but the driver's side is toast, so I didn't buy either of them. I did manage to find the rear seat bottom, and fortunately it wasn't messed up. *whew* I'm trying to decide whether or not to sell the stuff now....it seems to be cleaning up real good. :)

I wrote down the VIN number, but now I can't find it....so I'll go get it again. :rolleyes:

Sweet! Your interior looks....different somehow. :)

Hopefully I'll get the chance to finish cleaning the seats and take some pictures tonight. Does anyone know what cleans white leather well, without damaging or discoloring it?

Sweet! Your interior looks....different somehow. :)

Hopefully I'll get the chance to finish cleaning the seats and take some pictures tonight. Does anyone know what cleans white leather well, without damaging or discoloring it?

Its from my 73 Thunderbird.

I used this stuff called solvent spot remover on my leather seats....they were pretty dirty, and the stuff cleaned them right up. OF course follow up with a leather treatment afterwords.

Its from my 73 Thunderbird.

I used this stuff called solvent spot remover on my leather seats....they were pretty dirty, and the stuff cleaned them right up. OF course follow up with a leather treatment afterwords.

That's what I was guessing ;)

Where'd you get the "solvent spot remover"?

1993 T-Bird trim code listings show that as being one of the choices:

code PX THUNDERBIRD - Opal Grey/White leather - with articulated seats (SC bolsters).

cheers
Ed N.

1993 T-Bird trim code listings show that as being one of the choices:

code PX THUNDERBIRD - Opal Grey/White leather - with articulated seats (SC bolsters).

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,
Think this was maybe a mid-late year option in 1993....kind of like the color teal was? Don't remember seeing it in the 1993 brouchure either.

Dave

Here the VIN on the car: 1FAPP64R5PH191650
It's a red 1993 SC, auto

By the way, if any of you guys are interested in the rear seats or panels, I have them listed on the parts forum. I wouldn't mind keeping the panels (they look neat on black interior - I tried it out :D), but if someone will buy the rear seat and wants the panels too, I'll let them go.

By the way, they cleaned up decently, but I didn't try any potentially harsh methods - just soap and water. I'm sure they'll clean up near perfect white if someone wants to clean them a little more.

Ahhhhh. White leather. Mine has got white leather everything and its i fantastic shape. I knew Id never seen one on here like it, but I didn't know it was that special. Awesome. I'll post pics if I can ever figure out how to do it. The site always says my garage is full. Not sure why.

Oh neato...I still have the door panel pieces and speaker covers if you'd be interested. :D They look much better now, BTW. :p

Definitely post some pictures! When you start a new post, there should be a "manage attachments" button below the message field that will let you upload pictures from your computer.

The panels on my car have very slight yellowing and a couple of small blemishes. How much better is "much better"? If your talkin pearly white perfection id like to have them. What are they worth to ya? My cam is actin' up now. Got one shot though.
Mike

Attachments

• 93 Super Coupe 005.JPG
    93 Super Coupe 005.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 93 Super Coupe 004.JPG
    93 Super Coupe 004.JPG
    341.2 KB · Views: 59
Nice! That looks a little different than the one that I found - the seats were full white and the front speaker covers were gray. Pretty cool.

The set I have is a little yellowed even after the brief cleaning, the door cups aren't perfect either. I don't know how much to sell them for - I tried awhile back when I still had the rear seats, but didn't want to separate at the time. Someone actually was going to buy them for $150 shipped I think, but I didn't want to get stuck with the seats. Since then, the seats sold, but I never tried to sell the rest again.

Back