abs master cylinder

It will fit but you'll need to replace everything else too because they are 2 different units. Many guys, including myself are doing the ABS delete which uses an 89-92 vacuum booster and a 92-93 crown vic master cylinder.

It will fit but you'll need to replace everything else too because they are 2 different units. Many guys, including myself are doing the ABS delete which uses an 89-92 vacuum booster and a 92-93 crown vic master cylinder.

thank you where can i get a vacuum booster?

Any reliable parts store can supply you with a booster....

Make sure it is for the right model.....

Looking from the front of the car, the vacuum line for the booster should be around the 2:00 position......

the abs delete is one of the best mods i've done on my '89 sc, no more worries about expensive obsolete abs parts going bad, the brakes work great and you now have a whole lot more room on that side of the engine bay. :D

so all i really need is a master cylinder for a 92-93 crown vic and a vacuum booster form a 89-92 t-bird. if so thats great i will diffently do that. thank you:)

Here is all the info you'll need with pics. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59901&highlight=abs+delete. The booster and MC have to be from a NON-ABS car. You'll need a proportioner that threads into the rear port of the MC which you can only get used from a junkyard crown vic. You can't buy them at a parts store. The junction block you can also get from the crown vic which is below the MC/Booster on the driver side framerail. As for the 91 Town car, I couldn't tell ya. Look up the part number at autozone for the 2 cars and see if they're the same. Any questions on the swap, feel free to email me at the address in my sig.

-Jeremy

Get the master cylinder from the parts store.......

I went the junk yard route and went through 3 leaky units before giving up and buying a rebuilt one from Advanced Auto....:rolleyes:

Make sure that both outlets for the brake lines go in towards the engine bay and not toward the fender well.......

I went the junk yard route and went through 3 leaky units before giving up and buying a rebuilt one from Advanced Auto/QUOTE]

I got all of my parts from the junkyard and it cost me a whopping $30. Luck was on my side because everything works great....:D

Most of the CVs at the local yard were taxi cabs with 250,000+ miles on them....:eek:

Some were police intercepters......:rolleyes:

I started to look at the booster area under the MC's for paint bubbling, which would indicate a leaky MC seal......

All of the ones I found had the paint bubbling on them, so I decided to just bite the bullet and get a reconditioned one.....:p

abs

i called advanced auto today about the vacuum booster for a 1990 ford thunderbird non sc without abs and they gave me a price for a vacuum booster with the master cylinder for 70.00 dollars with a thirty dollar core. will the regular thunderbird master cylinder work? or should i call somewear else?

The T-bird master cylinder will not work for this aplication.....

You need the booster from the bird, but the master cylinder must be from the Crown Vic......

Back