91SC and 95SC ?Engine Swap?

BrandonK

Have 91 sc with 174,XXX engine knocking.(runs&drives)
Just got 95 sc with 88,xxx engine wont turn over.(never ran)

pulled both engines out, tore down the 95 everything looked good but one piston was stuck in the block could not remove it.

Tore down the 91 little pieces of metal in the oil pan(from broken bearing) crank was messed up.

So im trying to make two broken engines into one that works hopefully, i used the 91 block and pistons 95 crank and bearings, 95 heads, supercharger etc. should be going back into 95, will this work? it turns over and all by hand but is it all compatible (91 block pistons and cam) everything else from the 95.
:confused:
I know that 91 and 95 engine are not the same, there are SMALL differences, but will the 91 block work with 95 crank and everything
:confused:

You raise good questions. I really dont know for sure. But if i were a betting person i would say it would work just as long as everythings out of an SC engine. Hopefully somebody with more experience should chime in.

does anyone know if i could use a 91 crank sensor and harmonic balancer on a 95 computer?... (!it blots up!) ... (will it pulg in and work?)

Back