PDA

View Full Version : WHATS BETTER? SC or V8 LX?

CarAudioRules
05-06-2002, 11:35 PM
Whats faster the SC or V8 LX?

white91sc
05-07-2002, 01:32 AM
What's faster? SC, hands down. Whats better depends on your preferences

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

austinxtreme512
05-07-2002, 01:39 AM
v8 LX with SC GFX and rear bumper cover, like mine will be:P

TBKHomeworld
05-07-2002, 02:44 AM
Stock for stock, the SC will take the V8.

However, the V8 have it easy....they have a buttload of mustang parts they can rape from and put in their cars. They run the same 5.0 and 4.6L engines as the stangs run....so it's easy as pie to get mods.

SCs on the other hand have just this group of guys right here creating mods. (Yes, there are a few others out there...but we know about 99.9% of them all....and at least SOMEONE here can hook you up).

Our top guy is in the low 12s and we'll hopefully be having one in the 11s soon. The V8s are running in the 11s and I believe they have a few that should already be in the 10s (I'm sorry, haven't kept up w/them since I was shunned at the 'other' board).

Overall you can mod both cars failry easily....but just stock, the SC kicks butt!

tbird88
05-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Who cares?

'bird

ps: is that your Toyota?

BlueSHO
05-07-2002, 12:41 PM
its a honda not toyota :)

austinxtreme512
05-07-2002, 02:33 PM
It's gay, thats what it is!!!

scroach
05-07-2002, 03:15 PM
The v8s are better in that if you slap a supercharger on them they'll be faster than the SC. Some SCs have manuals, so to me that's a make or break.

A friend of mine with a v8 bird (4.6) did some mods to his to make it even with my SC,but now he has a vortech on it and i cannot keep up.

CarAudioRules
05-07-2002, 10:27 PM
lol its not my car im under my friends login...

ARE YOU SAYING STANDARD SCs are bad?

AATVFury
05-07-2002, 10:34 PM
is it just me or can u not read posts....*cough*ricer*cough*

m6t442
05-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Why don't you guys cut this guy a break. He answered that question before, and he always takes flak for using the domain name. (Not that I am pro rice or import or anything) But I mean the guy has genuine interest in MN12s which is good so that we can get more interest in modding and eventually a stronger after market.

CAR Audio Rules: It's not that hard to sign up and create an indentiy of your own. If you go to the main BBS page with all of the boards, click on login, and their it talks about creating an account. Best part is that they are free.

Good luck on the 'bird search.
-tom

SVTman 74
05-07-2002, 10:48 PM
seems you cant read posts either, he said he is interested in knowing about our cars. And he is under a friends name. SO lets be civil and just answer his questions instead of jumping down his throat, I dont want this board turning into the other boards out there where noone can aska question with out getting flamed. makes us old timers look bad.

As for your question Car audio The SC is a rare bird indeed only made for 7 yrs and not many in those years. It has more Torque than most V-8s and has decent HP for its weight. It is basically V6 gas mileage and V-8 performance. these cars are not for the faint of heart it takes a lot of dedication and love to own one. I have had mine for 2 years, but have owned a lx and a turbo coupe for the last 10 years. until I finally found a sc for sale. I will more than likely never get rid opf it, I will drive it till the body falls apart I am hoping for 300000 miles

So if you want a tbird that can be easily modded go for a LX, if you want a unique bird that will surprise most car owners when they hear a whime louder than the exhaust than get a SC

MN12 KID
05-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Stock-2-Stock 1/4mi.: SC (except for '96/'97 - about even)
Stock appearance: SC ;)
Stock bottom end: SC (yep, that's right!)
5 spd. out of the box: SC
HP/$$$ on mods: LX (sky's the limit!)

Did I miss anything?

white90sc
05-08-2002, 11:33 AM
well, being on the subject i would have to say that the SC are better and better looking. but i guess its all up to the performance....and well maintain and took care of.

ToddDrefcinski
05-08-2002, 08:09 PM
Nice taillights KID...I like the look.