Spending alot of time in the garage. Hmmm

Blown347

Well I decided to ditch the turbo thing tired of dealing with the nightmare that goes with it.

So decided to go another route. Big Big blower.

Most of the hard things are out of the way like the steering knuckle and exhaust still got to mount the alternator yet but may have it running by the weekend.

Chris

Attachments

• Picture01.jpg
    Picture01.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture 02.jpg
    Picture 02.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Picture 03.jpg
    Picture 03.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 146
  • Picture 04.jpg
    Picture 04.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 200
Chris,

That looks Bad A$$...what are you doing for an intercooler ?

David

Im going to use the one I had on the turbo setup, same one as yours for now.

Tim.... I don't know if i'll make it to the shootout I may come for the dyno event. and thats it

Chris

re

Chris,

What headers are you running on your car?

Shane

Shane I had about 6 sets of header on last week and 5 or 6 trips to jegs. I decided to go with Ford racing they by far seem to be the best made, and the only long tubes that would work are the headmans and lets just say they looked like they where drug down the street, and there made in usa.

Shane I had about 6 sets of header on last week and 5 or 6 trips to jegs. I decided to go with Ford racing they by far seem to be the best made, and the only long tubes that would work are the headmans and lets just say they looked like they where drug down the street, and there made in usa.

Chris I have the Mac long tubes on my car and they fit pretty good. No modifying needed to the floor pan, the steering shaft runs threw the headers instead of needing to mod the sheering shaft like you did. Only thing needed to do to them was bend the third header tub to clear the flaming river u joint.

Next time you make one of these trips to Jegs you need to call me so we can meet up.

Shane

I don't know if i'll make it to the shootout I may come for the dyno event. and thats it

Chris

I highly doubt just the dyno event.....his thing is in your back yard. Get the car running and show up to the shootout.

What blower are you running?

later
Ken

Re

All I have now is a bunch of wiring since I had to move the DIS, coil and water pump over to the pass side. Hope to start tunning tomorrow.

Ken
It's a Pro Charger D2 R rated for up to 1200 HP. Also can you bring those wheels and tires out when you come ? Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• procharger.jpg
    procharger.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Even if you dont race you have to come to the track. It wont be the same with out you! And the dinner too. You live right around the corner.

Even if you dont race you have to come to the track. It wont be the same with out you! And the dinner too. You live right around the corner.

No Tim I'll be there I just got NMRAs the week after and don't want to f anything up to just race 1 person at the shootout.

Chris

So...without going into a full page post, what were the problems you were having with the turbo? Would it not have been easier to just swap out the wiring of the car with a mustang (if wiring/tuning interface with the bird was the problem)?

Chris

Chris has anyone told you you're nuts?..well besides me :)
I hope the transmission output shaft can handle it.
Alan

Chris do you live near Miamisburg or WPAFB? I'd love to come take a look at the car sometime. I just moved to Dayton and we are hoping to get this place in Miamisburg we looked at. I am stationed at WPAFB.

So...without going into a full page post, what were the problems you were having with the turbo? Would it not have been easier to just swap out the wiring of the car with a mustang (if wiring/tuning interface with the bird was the problem)?

Chris

Chris

No tunning is not the issue it has a fuel managment system in it. Just needed something that I could take on long road trips and not have to worry about . A trip to the track is one thing but driving 600 miles round trip is another. The under hood temps are very high the car runs hot, it's a bitch to get to the plugs, always melting plug wires, I hated the way it sounded and the list goes on. If I wanted just a car for the track I would of kept the turbo and did solid rear and a full race suspension and took off 600 llb. But decided to just go the blower route and keep it streetable.

Scott give me a call anytime 937-838-3325

Back