Crank Sensor Aligning?

NY90RedSC

While studying the process for replacing the crank sensor, a tool was mentioned in the Tech Manual I have for help in setting the crank sensor in the correct position. It's a magnetic tool with a Ford part # that I don't have right handy.
My question is, do I need this tool to swap this sensor out or is there another way I can do it? If not, does anyone happen to have one of these tools for sale? Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I will most likely be tearing my Titanium SC down this weekend to start getting it ready for E-Town in November.

Perfect Dave! Thanks for the link!!!! Hopefully this will fix the prooblem this SC suffers from. If not than I'm not sure what the next step will be... :confused:

No special tools required for allignment, but you will need some small metric wrenches. Suggest buying a set of ignition wrenches before getting started. This thread covers the crank sensor replacement.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31567

David

Good article. I printed that out for Scott Long when he was at my house to replace the electronics on his '90 last week. You definately need the wrench set. I think it is a 5.5mm size that you really need. The most important thing to bring is patience. You can only move some of those small bolts maybe 1/4 turn before needing to reposition. Once he got it backed off some, we were able to put a socket on it and back it out a bit faster.

Is it really necessary for the bolts to be that long??? What is the reason for the legenth? The bolt was hitting the back of the HB before it came all the way out. Can it be cut down some to make it an easier replacement should it need to be??

Back