vac line under dash

tim-g

I have my dash out and i was looking through my wiring and i found a vac line on the drivers side, no its not the one for the boost gauge i have no idea where this line goes if somebody could help me out that would be great because i was planning on putting my dash back in soon.

The only other vac line i can think of on the drivers side would be for the cruise control shut off valve on the brake pedal.

The only other vac line i can think of on the drivers side would be for the cruise control shut off valve on the brake pedal.

Thats probably it, I will check tomorrow. I was getting kinda scared cuz i dont remember pulling it off.:D

I believe the cruise control dump valve hose is quite a bit larger than the boost gage line. And, it's rubber instead of plastic. I've had dashes out too, and can't recall any vacuum lines except the boost gage on the LH side. Trace it to it's source, and see if you can determine it's function from that. If you're still stumped, let me know and I'll check my EVTM and see what it says. What year is your car?

JD

Hey JD, I agree, but have you looked at the vacuum diagrams in the EVTM lately? They don't give too much info in that area. The only other thing I can think of is that it could be one of the lines for one of the vacuum actuators for the AC.

hoses.jpg
[/IMG]

The line on the left might be the vacuum supply line to the cruise control servo which is located inside the driver's side fender behind the turn signal lens. If I'm not mistaken, in some cars the line is routed directly from the engine bay through the inner fender to the servo, while in other cars the line goes through the firewall and then into the fender near the door hinge area.

I have no idea where this line goes, it comes in through the fire wall and it just hangs there. Its a 89 sc 5speed my 89 automatic parts car doesnt have this line. I need to find out where this goes so i can put my dash back in, if i cant find out by tomorrow i'm just going to plug it and put the dash back in.

Hey JD, I agree, but have you looked at the vacuum diagrams in the EVTM lately? They don't give too much info in that area. The only other thing I can think of is that it could be one of the lines for one of the vacuum actuators for the AC.

I agree, the EVTM is a little light on the "V" part! I'll check in my parts manuals, too. They have some fairly good exploded diagrams that may lend a clue. I think all the HVAC lines run from the control panel in the center of the dash face towards the RH side of the car. They are also colored, not black. All I can think of is that it goes to the cruise control in some manner. I'll dig through my manuals this afternoon after I finish up the installation of my new window mouldings (It's hot here, and I'm taking a break).

JD

Cruise control. Its the line that runs to the vacuum dump switch on the brake pedal as a secondary method to dropping the cruise control system.

Back