Exhaust Manifold interchangeable?

rickbtbird

I know the driver's side down pipes are different on the 94/95 but will 94/95 exhaust manifolds bolt up to a 89-93 block? Also, are there any differences between the 94 and 95 exhaust manifolds?

with the 94/5 manifolds i think the driver side will bolt up no problem, but the passenger side wont.

someone correct me if im wrong.

FYI the driverside exhaust manifold is the same 89-95 but the passenger side is different pass side is same 89-93 and 94/95 is a different model

Jay

FYI the driverside exhaust manifold is the same 89-95 but the passenger side is different pass side is same 89-93 and 94/95 is a different model

Jay

I already knew that. If I take a manifold from 94/95 drivers side and try to blot it up the drivers side head on a 89-93, will it fit?

Well since the drivers side manifold is the same from 89-95...... and the heads never changed.......

I can confirm that they will bolt up. I did this manifold swap on my 89 automatic car this spring. I ported the collector end, and bolted 'em on. You'll need the newer down-pipe/resonator (or aftermarket down-pipe) for the RH side, since the 94/95 collector is in a different location than the 89-93 casting. As stated above, the 94/95 LH manifold is the same as the 89-93 casting. Also, if your car is equipped with EGR, you'll need to either have the 94/95 EGR pipe, or delete the EGR with a cap on the exhaust manifold and the block-off plate on the intake plentum. Both are available from Ford.

JD

I can confirm that they will bolt up. I did this manifold swap on my 89 automatic car this spring. I ported the collector end, and bolted 'em on. You'll need the newer down-pipe/resonator (or aftermarket down-pipe) for the RH side, since the 94/95 collector is in a different location than the 89-93 casting. As stated above, the 94/95 LH manifold is the same as the 89-93 casting. Also, if your car is equipped with EGR, you'll need to either have the 94/95 EGR pipe, or delete the EGR with a cap on the exhaust manifold and the block-off plate on the intake plentum. Both are available from Ford.

JD

Thanks for the information :). I'll be capping off the EGR since I'm looking to do this on my 90. I had a set of 94 manifolds lined up and shipped to tbrid88 to be reworked but, something happen and the manifolds, some cash and tbird88 disappeared forever :mad:.
Deleting the EGR, doesn't that send a code out and illuminate the CEL :confused:? It would be nice to remove those parts from my 95 as it seems to be a noise maker and just so annoying.

Thanks for the information :). I'll be capping off the EGR since I'm looking to do this on my 90. I had a set of 94 manifolds lined up and shipped to tbrid88 to be reworked but, something happen and the manifolds, some cash and tbird88 disappeared forever :mad:.
Deleting the EGR, doesn't that send a code out and illuminate the CEL :confused:? It would be nice to remove those parts from my 95 as it seems to be a noise maker and just so annoying.

You can get a cap for the manifold from napa.I think you'll get a cel unless you have a chip then you can have the egr deleted which will take care of the cel.

Jay

You can get a cap for the manifold from napa.I think you'll get a cel unless you have a chip then you can have the egr deleted which will take care of the cel.

Jay

Some throw a code, and some don't. I was concerned about this with my 89 auto., but from what I could read, it was about 50/50 that it would light the CEL. In a stroke of (rare) good luck, mine was fine. If it had lit, I would have needed to convert the ECU to a 90 model. I'm not sure about the other years regarding the CEL, but that's the deal on the 89's.

JD

89-90 autos and all 91-93s don't have EGR (which is why you got no code). An 89-90 5-spd or 94-95 will throw a code though.

89-90 autos and all 91-93s don't have EGR (which is why you got no code). An 89-90 5-spd or 94-95 will throw a code though.

actually i was throwing an EGR code after my delete, but then i read that keeping the little electrical connector plugged in and the vac. line plugged will clear the code. so far its working for me, no codes yet.....

Back