Tranny+V8+interior question

RCsquid

I have a question about swapping a V8 and keeping a manual. I seem to be running out of ideas to make it a reality. I originally planned to swap in a 351C and use a Tremec 5 speed, but ran into a problem with the length of the tranny. Next, I worked with an older 4 speed top loader and found I would have to molest the interior to modify a floor shifter to work. Not want I want to do either. I have no plans or ambition to race the car, but like I said I am running out of ideas. Is there another route to keep the 351C, keep the manual tranny, and keep the stock interior? Have I gone wrong somewhere, hit my head to hard, or am I just flat out missing something? Any intelligent ideas would be appreciated.

I think I may have stumbled on to something. I know this sounds odd, but my tranny is back in the car and I can not get an accurate measurement from the front of the bell housing to the middle of the shifter while in neutral. If anybody has one out and around would you please get a measurement and post it for me. I know this is a dead beat subject for most on this site and I am sorry for dragging it up again.

Back