stabilizer end links?

platinumsc7

Hi everyone! I was checking out my endlinks tonight, and was wondering if there was anything special I needed to know before I attempt to remove them? Do I have to undo anything else or will they just come out? Just by looking at them, I'm not sure how easy they will come out. Thanks again! Brian

They are easy to remove. Supporting the car on jack stands then using a jack under the lower control arm will help to move them up/down. Also, back off the nut to where its flush with the end of the stud then hit it with a hammer to loosen it.

okay, I got the old end link out finally. So now what do I do when the nut on the top won't tighten up? When I start to thread the nut onto the new end link on the top, the whole thing spins. It gets to where it is flush with the top of the rod and then the rod for the end link and the nut both spin together? WTF? I have to have my car back together so I can go to work tomorrow.

I think that I had the same problem. If you are working with jackstands, try using your floor jack to raise the lower control arm a bit to put some pressure on the end link from the sway bar. That or put a couple of 2x6's under the wheel to give you enough clearance to finish tightening with the car on the ground. It worked for me!

RacerX

Thanks for the quick reply! I really appreciate how quickly you and most everyone else reply to my posts. I'm gonna kick my end links ass now! Thanks again, Brian

I had a similar problem and I believe the top threaded shaft on the end link has an allen key socket - 5mm I think. I was able to use the allen wrench to keep the shaft from spinning while using an open-end wrench to tighten the nut. You might give that a try if you haven't gotten it tight yet.

Back