PDA

View Full Version : Mark VIII Driveline Parts

Thomas A
08-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Time to clear out some parts I have accumulated. Everything is from either a 1993 or 1994 Mark VIII. The items marked with an * can be used on an SC without too much trouble, depending on the year. Here is what I have:

PICTURES: http://www.adenracing.com/MarkVIII_Driveline/

*(2) Mark VIII (Sport) Calipers SOLD

*(1) 93 Mark VIII Driveshaft One Piece SOLD

(2) Mark VIII Electric Cooling Fan SOLD

*(1) Mark VIII Half shafts - Pair $35 + Shipping

*(2) Mark VIII Rear Lower Controls & Bolts SOLD
I also have some custom spring perches left for these for $100/pair

*(1) Mark VIII 4R70W 86K miles Complete with TC, Harness, Lines, & Mounts SOLD

(1) Mark VIII Radiator - After market Unit, Nice Shape SOLD

*(2) Mark VIII Front Spindles w/ABS Sensors SOLD

(2) Mark VIII Fuel Lines, filter to rail $30 + $10 Shipping each

*(1) Mark VIII 8.8 Aluminum Rearend Housings SOLD

(1) Mark VIII Air Ride System. Includes replacement Arnott front struts, original rear bags, and height sensors. Willing to seperate. Also have a compressor available.SOLD

*(1) Welded 8.8 Differential (Poor man's Trac-Lok) Great for a track car, not the best street manners, but works.SOLD

http://www.adenracing.com/MarkVIII_Driveline/MK8_Driveline_Parts.JPG

Thomas

ThunderCoupe94
08-26-2007, 10:52 AM
What is needed for the driveshaft to work on a 94 SC Automatic? I am on the market for a new Driveshaft & would like to go this route if at all possible. Lemme know Thanks

Jay

IkeyM
08-26-2007, 11:30 AM
What is needed for driveshaft to work on 93sc manual?

Thomas A
08-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Driveshaft should be a direct bolt in for a 1994 SC Auto, if you reuse the front yoke from your current shaft.

As far as a '93 MR52, you would have to have the shaft cut and shortened to have it work. It would likely cost you more to do that than what it would be worth.

Thomas

BirdofPrey97
08-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Driveshaft should be a direct bolt in for a 1994 SC Auto, if you reuse the front yoke from your current shaft.

As far as a '93 MR52, you would have to have the shaft cut and shortened to have it work. It would likely cost you more to do that than what it would be worth.

Thomas

And the SC yoke installed on it. Generally runs around $250, but you get new U joints for that price. So all in all $350 for a lighter DS better than any other option out there as far as price. Just make sure the shop cutting it down can rebalance it properly.

Tazer999
08-28-2007, 02:06 PM
How much for just the front air struts?

What kind of compressor?

Pablo94SC
08-28-2007, 07:42 PM
A MarkVIII driveshaft will NOT work on a 94/95 automatic SC. It's about 4" longer and would have to be cut and shortened to fit. It's only a direct fit on the V8 cars.

Andrew89SC
08-28-2007, 11:18 PM
PM sent

-Andrew

Thomas A
08-28-2007, 11:19 PM
How much for just the front air struts?

What kind of compressor?

I'd like $100 + Shipping for the front struts. The compressor is just a stock Mark VIII one.

Thomas

Andrew89SC
08-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Thomas,

I will buy the air struts if tazer999 dosent want them.

What's the word tazer?

-Andrew

jludorf
08-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Thomas,
Are you going to the shoot out? If not do you know is Dwayne N is again? if so I'd like to get a lincoln pumpkin to have as a spare for 308 gears as I just put 355 in the one I am using. I can paypal and pick up there. Otherwise how much to ship to Edmonton Alberta
John

Thomas A
08-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure NettlesD is going. I think a Ken is also going, so I could likely send it along with him. Let me see what his plans are.

Thomas

Thomas A
08-31-2007, 12:39 AM
1 Aluminum Housing SOLD
Rear Kunckles SOLD

Everything else still up for grabs! Can deliver to the SC ShootOut next month. I would need payment ahead of time as I personally will not be there.

Thomas

Nettlesd
08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll be there so if I can help deliver parts just let me know. It sounds like Ken will be the better bet but if you need a back up, I'm there for you buddy.

Andrew89SC
09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
PM's sent.

-Andrew

Tazer999
09-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I will actually bow out on the front struts, sorry.

kenewagner
09-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure NettlesD is going. I think a Ken is also going, so I could likely send it along with him. Let me see what his plans are.

Thomas

I take what parts you have to the shootout, no problem. Just let me know

Ken

Thomas A
09-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks Ken. I will be sending you an e-mail shortly about some stuff.

I updated the first post with some new prices and new quantities.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
(1) Welded 8.8 Differential (Poor man's Trac-Lok) Great for a track car, not the best street manners, but works. $50 + $15 Shipping

Is this the whole pumkin? What gears are in it?

Thanks!

Thomas A
09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
No, it's just the carrier.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-05-2007, 11:58 AM
No, it's just the carrier.

Thomas

Forgive me, I am not familiar with differentials and such yet. Any idea what weight differnces are btween the aluminum pumkins like you have, an the SC one?

So for 180 that would get me the housing and the guts. Does this include a rear end gear, and if so, what gears?

Thomas A
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think you would want the internals. You already have a TL carrier, and better suited gears for your car. The gears that came out of these were 3.07's. The aluminum housing would be the item that you would want, as it would be an upgrade over your cast iron unit. The rest of the Mark VIII internals is pretty much junk. There is about a 15lb weight difference between the aluminum housing and the iron one according to the numbers I found. It feels like more than that, but I haven't had a chance to weight one yet.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Well if I got one, I'd want a complete extra setup that I could swap out for the few weeks a year i'd be interested in taking it to the strip...

Thomas A
09-05-2007, 09:58 PM
You wouldn't want a stock Mark VIII rearend for taking it to the strip. It would be a downgrade for you, as you would be going to an open 3.07 rear from a TL 3.27 rear. The best thing for you to do would be to buy the empty aluminum housing and have your carrier and gears from you SC swapped into it.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-05-2007, 10:08 PM
You wouldn't want a stock Mark VIII rearend for taking it to the strip. It would be a downgrade for you, as you would be going to an open 3.07 rear from a TL 3.27 rear. The best thing for you to do would be to buy the empty aluminum housing and have your carrier and gears from you SC swapped into it.

Thomas

Thanks, what i was getting at is getting a spare unit that I can get 3.73s setup in. That way I can swap it out for the few weeks I want to take it to the strip... I though the one you had was welded where I wouldn't need to worry about burning up the tracloc clutches...

I do appreciate you not wanting to sell me something I don't need...

Thanks!

Thomas A
09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I do have a welded carrier, yeah. It is out of the rear right now, but it would have to come out anyway if you are going to install 3.73 gears. It works, but it's not the most friendly thing for street driving. If you wanted that and an aluminum housing, I'd sell you both for $125 + Shipping.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-06-2007, 12:18 AM
I do have a welded carrier, yeah. It is out of the rear right now, but it would have to come out anyway if you are going to install 3.73 gears. It works, but it's not the most friendly thing for street driving. If you wanted that and an aluminum housing, I'd sell you both for $125 + Shipping.

Thomas

So That would include everything for a coplete rear minus the R&P I'd put in it then? correct?

What would shipping be to Huntsville, AL 35811?

No rush, whatever shipping method is kewl with me...

Thomas A
09-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I can toss in the gears also if you want them, but it will just add weight and increase the shipping cost. Once again, the gears are 3.07's. Let me know on that, and I will get a shipping quote.

For $125 + Shipping, you will get:

Aluminum Housing & Cover
Welded Carrier Unit
Rear Pinion Flange
Optional 3.07 Gear Set

And just to be clear, with the welded carrier, it is not going to be perfectly smooth when you take sharp corners. The rear wheel is going to want to grab.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I can toss in the gears also if you want them, but it will just add weight and increase the shipping cost. Once again, the gears are 3.07's. Let me know on that, and I will get a shipping quote.

For $125 + Shipping, you will get:

Aluminum Housing & Cover
Welded Carrier Unit
Rear Pinion Flange
Optional 3.07 Gear Set

And just to be clear, with the welded carrier, it is not going to be perfectly smooth when you take sharp corners. The rear wheel is going to want to grab.

Thomas

I'm clear with the welded carrier, and I don't need the gear.

Is there any of these parts or pieces I'll need when I carry this to the guy to have the 3:73s put in? Is this complete minus the crush washer and shims and that sort of thing? Again, I am not familiar with the 8.8 rear, haven't done anything to it yet...

Thomas A
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Correct. I would recommend a rebuild kit, so you will have new bearings, sleeves, shims, etc. Shipping will be $30, so the total would be $155.

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Correct. I would recommend a rebuild kit, so you will have new bearings, sleeves, shims, etc. Shipping will be $30, so the total would be $155.

Thomas

What's your paypal address?

Thomas A
09-06-2007, 08:48 PM
http://www.adenracing.com/images/PayPal_Address.JPG

Thomas

sizemoremk
09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.adenracing.com/images/PayPal_Address.JPG

Thomas

Hey guy!

I am fixin to think about getting ready to buy some gears to put in this rear, and I am curious if I need the complete rebuild kit with bearings and all, or if I just need the pinion nut, crush washer and shims??? I Haven't opened her up yet...

Thanks!

Thomas A
09-14-2007, 10:38 PM
You should be able to get buy with just an install kit since it doesn't sound like you will be putting many miles on it. I would recommend a new pinion and half shaft seals as well. A rebuild wouldn't be a bad idea as everything is original, but it wouldn't have to be done.

Thomas