Water leaking in above rear window.

Evan_90SC

The other day after a pretty hard rain, the first in awhile, I got in my car and noticed that the headliner above the rear window was soaking wet and dripping water. I have had a little leak in the sunroof for a while and sometimes I drive down the road and water drips from it onto my head. I don't know if these are related and I need a new seel around my sunroof, or if the water in the rear headliner got in some other way. After looking at it, the water could have gone in through the sunroof and traveled down the panels to the rear. But I also looked on the outside of the car, up top in the corners where the window meets the car, and it looks like, under that rubber strip that goes along the top, the water might be going up through those corners because I can kind-of see the edges of the windows under there. I don't know if water would go upwards toward those corners, the tops of them are covered by those rubber strips, but if you look under the strip you can see where the holes are. Has anyone had these problems before? I need to know what to fix before the rain starts up again. Thanks.

i have the same problem to the "T". so i parked on a hill with the front facing up when we had a storm and my headliner was soaked but if i parked facing down hill it doesnt happen and i know i need a seal. above my back window i have the same thing where it looks like its coming in from there so with a hose i let rain on that. hard but not forcing it in and i got nothing in the car. so i guess u just need a seal

I had a problem like this with my 83GT mustang with a sunroof there should be a drain tube that collects water from the surround of the sunroof ...if yours does have one it could be plugged or it is probably running down the headliner and to that area....Ford sunroofs and t-tops are garbage

Yea, that was it. I took it in the other day and had it looked at. The rear drain hose on the driver side was clogged and the water was backing up into the headliner... and under the back seat was completely soaked too. Got it unclogged, and nothing was wrong with the seal. Now it's all good. :)

Back