I need help!!!

chadder1313

Well i finally got my car all back together. I recently just put rods and mains in. So i got everything hooked up and all the fluids in and i go to start it and nothing. Just keeps cranking. So i chcked the fuel pressure: good. Checked for spark and its got spark. I even sprayed some starter fluid in just to see what it would do and it did fire. So im thinking the injectors are not injecting fuel. My question is what would cause this? I need some help!

im on the same boat as you , ecm controls the injectors , check them with a noid light

prime the fuel system a couple times before cranking it. if you're using the same injectors that were on there when u took it apart they should still work now.

i think its the cam sensor that tells the injectors when to fire.

Cbt is right pull a plug to see if its got fuel on it..try starting it then pull the plug that is...if its got fuel on'em then spark is the problem check the connects to the engine harness and check your ground strap from engine to frame

He said he has both fuel pressure and spark.

yes he did, but if you dont have working injectors, all the pressure in the world isnt going to make your spark plugs wet. Pressure is in the fuel lines, but the injector has to open to let that gas into the combustion chamber, right?

If you pull a plug and its dry, then you know that the gas isnt getting through the injectors, and that is where you need to focus your search. Try starting it again, then pull a plug.

The odds of all 6 injectors crapping out at once are pretty slim. So if the injectors are not spraying he must have unhooked the electrical harness and never re-connected it.

Thanks for all the replys. Thats the one thing i have not done is pull a plug. But i will know. This situation is very wierd to me. The motor ran fine before i took it out. Well im gonna tinker around with it tommorow. I keep it updated.

Ok, if you definitely have fuel and spark, then I would say that you have a timing issue. When you spray starting fluid it is igniting as spark hits it.

Get your car 26 degrees after TDC on cylinder 1's compression stroke. Take your cam sensor off, the half moon sensor pick-up should be facing the rear of the engine.

If you are getting fuel, you should be able to smell it regardless

Last edited:
timing would be next if theres fuel + spark at the plug
double check ,ground ,elec. connections

It runs!! It was the little gound wire that comes off the bigger ground wire that comes right off the battery and plugs in down by the back of the headlights. Thanks for all the replys.

Are you sure that was it? I just saw that wire broken on mine last night and it drives fine.

I could of swore that i didnt unplug that wire but i seen it unplugged so i plugged it in and boom it started.

another bird lives again !!!

glad to see everyone is getting their cars running...im sooo glad i got mine running again.

Back