Question about selling car?

SCNate

I have determined i need more money and i have to lose a car... unfortunately it will have to be my beloved SC :-( ..... anyway... i was wondering if I would get more money if i parted it out... or if i sold it as a whole vehicle. im looking to get about 1500... its an 89 SC RUNNING.. has a few problems but still gets down the road great... the fan doesnt work anymore, it does burn a little oil.... and the syncros in the 5 speed have pretty much gone out in 2nd. The car does have aftermarket gears in the rear and a really nice custom exaust. sounds GREAT... all the interior is in great shape. .. everything works great there... suspension is great... tires are damn near new... etc etc. ... i dunno... what you guys think?? ...

Well probably your two biggest money items (engine and trans) both sound like they need some work. Interior parts can bring some money. Body plays a big role for me based solely on living in the rust belt. If I'm buying a car I can overlook a lot of mechanical issues if the body is in good shape (read rust free) and the interior is decent. $1500 doesn't sound too unreasonable, but it's hard to say without pics.

There is absolutaly NO rust on the car... not a spec anywhere... it has been a Northern arizona car Almost all of its life.. and there is still under 100k miles on it. there are a couple body problems... a couple dents in the hood and the right rear quarter panel is a bit messed up... but nothing that cant be fixed. the rear valance has been replaced but it got a bit of a bounce in a parking lot from some jackass that just took off.... but all it needs is a sanding and a repaint... anyway.. if anybody is interested lemme know .. other than that thanks for the info

I for one think it's a headache to disassemble all the parts and then ship everything, I've done it once and I won't do it again, too time consuming for a little bit of money, just sell it whole and save yourself the misery.:rolleyes:

I for one think it's a headache to disassemble all the parts and then ship everything, I've done it once and I won't do it again, too time consuming for a little bit of money, just sell it whole and save yourself the misery.:rolleyes:

yea and on top of this if you really like your car and dont wanna sell it you got to then peice it out and watch it go as your sad doing so...

Back