OOPS,I think I booo-boooed....

ecyrbh

Has anyone used Permatex Anaerobic Gasket Maker before? I used it for the first time this past Sunday on the blower inlet and outlet,and it is still not dry.Probably would have helped had I read the instructions on the tube.It says to to spray Permatex Gasket Prep acvtivator on one surface only.It should be easy to clean up this mess,but really curious to see (or hear ) of any personal results. Moral to story----READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, FIRST

I wonder who has Permatex Anaerobic Gasket Maker splattered all over his blower and possibly IC:eek:. Just kidding dude, but I would check.

Engine is still on stand,awaiting time and money to transplant....Oh Well,Gotta go get more shop towels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well I guess that is a good thing. What all have you done so far? What are you still waiting on?

A New or used BHJ,Torque convertor(as mine is ballooned),Radiator,Belts,Hoses,OtherSmall stuff and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....ha-ha

Anaerobic gasket maker sets up in the absence of air (oxygen). Spread on a nice thin coat and bolt the stuff together.

x4 straight from wikipedia

An anaerobic adhesive is a bonding agent that does not cure in the presence of air

loctite is another example that is an anaerobic adhesive!

Works great

I've used that stuff a number of times on the supercharger - the top, snout and rotor pack.

Just be careful you don't use too much if you're putting the rotors back in the case. I did that once, some squeezed out and got between the rotor pack and the backing plate causing the rotors to bind.

With Anaerobic Gasket Maker - more isn't better.

Eddie

'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

OK,got the Permatex Gasket Prep/activator today.Gonna clean things up this weekend and try again.With any luck,engine and trans will again find its home between the fenders as well.....

Back