door panels - need some helpers

big mike

i need to see or have described to me what the hooks look like on the backside of the door panels. i need to know the differences between the 89-91 and 92-93 hooks. i am putting 90 panels on my 93 and the panels are not sitting down all the way. i sold my 93 panels (which fit fine) and i dont remember what the hooks look like. i have a feeling that the hooks are curved or shaped differently. so if anyone has a set of door panels (from the years mentioned above) laying around or wont mind pulling one and snapping a side shot of the hooks, i would greatly appreciate it.

I put 93 panels on my 89, worked just fine for me. They are downward facing hooks. If they are not sitting down all the way, make sure your lock has come up through its hole and that the top of the panel is down on the window seal. These things fit the same from 89-93 in my experience.

Last edited:
chris, my lock was not interfering. i tried about 10 times to get the panels to sit right, and they werent sitting level with the door weatherstripping. like they were sitting too high. i tried pushing down on the panel, but no dice. i even removed the weatherstripping and reinstalled the panel and that didnt do squat. i even trimmed the two tubed plastic "bumper" things on the back and that didnt do anything, either. so i figure the problem is with the hooks.

I dont know about your panels but on my 1994 you have to take the lower rear light lens off then take that screw out the lil black clip has to be put into the metal of the door install the panel then screw the screw in snug...I had a hell of a time getting mine to stay down when closing the doors I finally read the haynes manual..doh:rolleyes:.

i am familiar with the 94-97 panels. the early ones dont have that screw behind the courtesy light. the early panels have an exposed screw. i am certain that screw is not the source of my problem.

All of the door skins are the same. The only holes that changed diameter are where the wires pass through into the door / body on the later models.

- Dan

Back