PDA

View Full Version : A/C System and Radiator Issues - 94 TBird SC

Bird of Prey 94
08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Can someone please recommend a good radiator for my 94 Tbird SC. I presently have a brass and copper one, and it is not up to par. When I turn on the A/C, and I am in “stop and go” traffic the temp raises too close for comfort away from norm. I just got my A/C system inspected, and they said it is fine, but to just get a better radiator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bird of Prey 94

sail7seas
08-30-2007, 09:46 PM
You probably would not want to do this 'pricey'.
But here it is for others:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64624&highlight=condenser

Bird of Prey 94
09-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks but I was not thinking about relocating the condensor at this time. I am really looking for a more durable and better cooling radiator than the one I have now. Any help would be appreciated.

Duffy Floyd
09-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Well....sorry to hear of your trouble but there is an alternative HiPo Radiator coming to market. After a 5 year battle I have convinced a company to make us a 100% furnace brazed AL Rad.I will have the prototpe with me at the Shoot-out to show. I will also be posting a group buy opportunity run not by the SCCoA but rather the distributor for the radiator FOR SCCoA members.

Pricing is as follows .....................

1-10 $564.95

11-20 $524.95

20 + $494.95

Still cheaper tha a Griffen and there is some hope it can be repaired since it is brazed instead of expoxy sealed.

All radiators will be equipped with the auto trans cooler. 2 year warranty on workmanship. This is a 2 row 1.25"core and includes the rad.support bracketry.

Contact Dave Gerard at www.racewarecentral.com if interested. I would give you the phone number but their site seems to be down right now and I am sitting in a parking lot using WiiFi and don't have access to it right now.

All I can tell you is I need one bad as ever since I had to go back to a OEM Rad from an AL version my car has been running warm. So much so I can't run the AC when it is hot outside and I am on the highway.

Duffy Floyd
09-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Raceware's site came back up. Here is the contact info for Dave........

Raceware Inc.
168 S. Tamanend Ave.
New Britain, Pa 18901

orders only. 877-343-7273
tech help 215-345-7297

[email protected]

Joisey Jim
09-08-2007, 12:17 PM
You might want to consider the low speed fan trick if all your components (fan ,rad, condenser) are functioning ok. I forget which wire it is on the IRCM #14 or 17 ?), but if you search the past posts you should find it. I've done it on 3 SC with good results. I just cut/disconnect the low speed IRCM ground wire which brings the fan on all the time and splice it onto the high speed wire. This way if the high speed fan is energized due to high temp. then the low speed is switched off. I only do it in the summer months to help with exactly what you experience in 'stop & go' traffic. Once these radiators heat up to the high speed temp. neither fan seems to be able to bring it back down permamently and the gauge hovers around the "M+" which is visually scary.