Air Silencer Removal

I plan on removing my air silencer tomorrow. However I was thinking since I haven't got my Intake and MAF yet, should I wait until i get those and do all the installations and removal at the same time? Or should I not wait and just take the silencer out tomorrow?

...if you are planning to put your CAI filter inside the fender then just wait..if you're gonna leave it in the engine bay go ahead and remove it now.....you will be able to hear your blower with the silencer gone....
z

......sure,you're welcome...........I just noticed.....I have over 5-6 yrs and over 600 posts on this site and I'm still shown as a "Newbie".......:confused:lol
z

........I just noticed.....I have over 5-6 yrs and over 600 posts on this site and I'm still shown as a "Newbie".......:confused:lol
z

Rick, that's something you change yourself through the user cp at the top left of the page under edit profile, custom user title....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sorry for the old thread ressurection, but I was wondering something.
Does removing the silencer add anything to power? Or is it just cool to be able to hear the blower? Either way I still plan on doing this mod, doesn't cost anything (for once!) so why not? :D
Thanks in advance guys.

Glenn

lol, taz is a d bag:)

it does a bit to minimal!

just noise

HAHA thanks Young, I figured as much, but not knowing what the hell the thing even looks like, I wasn't sure. :D
Thanks man!
I can't believe I have had the damn car 13 years or so, and don't know the simple things like this. Good thing I learn fast. :)

Glenn

If you just remove it, it will help only a bit. Enlarge the opening to 3.5 inches and add a small piece of back abs pipe protruding about 1/2 from the front of the stock airbox and you will see a fair increase in air flowing through the box.

Glenn, you cant miss it....you need to remove the passenger front tire,
remove the fender wall,
remove 3 mounting bolts
remove silencer,
get NEW SHORTER bolts, and reinstal airbox on top
reinstall fender
reinstall wheel/tire combo
whine louder :)

YOUR FINISHED

it looks like a retarded piece of black plastic, with retarded bends, and retarded other things

Tony,

You will see more of a benefit if you do what I said while you are removing the silencer.

Glenn,

Read my post right before yours.

Got it man! Thanks! I was getting ready to reply but got an important phone call. I have had some experience with opening up airflow on my quads' airboxes, but never on my cars. On my old Warrior, I bored 1 1/2 inch holes in the lid of the airbox to help it breathe better, and on my Raptor, I got rid of the air box lid altogether. My Grizzly is still stock since I never know when I might get into deep water. Opening up the air flow helped a bunch on the Raptor, had to rejet the carbs due to that.
Sounds like an easy mod, thanks man!

Glenn

Back