Throttle body?

Waiting on my 3.5" MP intake and 76mm MAF, anyone reccommend upgrading stock throttle body to 75mm? Or is it not neccassary, what are the advantages and what exactly does it do (More HP)?

I wouldn't bother if you aren't going to pull your plenum and port match it.
Meaning you need to gring the entry to the plenum where the throttle body bolts up to and make that port the same size as the gskt that comes with the new TB.
It's (IMO) not a big performance adder until you do the exhaust as well. I read that is one of your upgrades, that would be my first.

Keep at it thought, you're learning alot already from what I can see in your posts. This place will keep straight.
Good luck

if u ever got an MP inlet plenumto go along with a late model blower(94-95) or one of the MP blowers then i think u would see gains with an aftermarket TB.

until then gains would be minimal if anything.

best bang for the buck mods are :
-gears
-underdrive pullies
-overdrive pulleys
-double intercooler or front mount intercooler
-upgrading the blower (94/95 or MP blower)

expensive mods that dont get u much :
-TB
-MAF
-raised top

and stay faaar away from any "performance chip". including Jet chips or anything from ebay. ;)

if u ever got an MP inlet plenumto go along with a late model blower(94-95) or one of the MP blowers then i think u would see gains with an aftermarket TB.

until then gains would be minimal if anything.

best bang for the buck mods are :
-gears
-underdrive pullies
-overdrive pulleys
-double intercooler or front mount intercooler
-upgrading the blower (94/95 or MP blower)

expensive mods that dont get u much :
-TB
-MAF
-raised top

and stay faaar away from any "performance chip". including Jet chips or anything from ebay. ;)

Make good note of this post, dude. Except MAF's are cheap.

Putting on exhaust and any blower, that isn't an early model blower, will net you the biggest gains of any mod.

I went from running 15.20's@92mph with an early model blower and stock exhaust to running 14.20's@97mph after I put a stock late model blower on(13psi) and exhaust.

Back