Upgrading Blower

He has an 89 SC. There is plenty of information about every blower that you can buy on this website. Search is your friend. Try consulting to it before creating a thread. You may have to try more than one keyword so be patient.

Anyways, you can find used late model blowers off of EBay sometimes, the "Parts For Sale" forum, or you can post in the "Want to Buy" forum for one.

Other than that you need to have some money to get the best blowers. On those two performance sites that I mentioned to you, on your first thread, sell the best M90 available to our cars. They call it the MPx.

It comes with the case, in which you have to install the rotors and snout off of your existing blower into, and the inlet plenum. Then you have something that would require and benefit from an aftermarket throttle body. Preferably the 85mm for that blower. You can search this site to find results or more information about the blower.

another option you have is getting some mild ports like the s port, these will not yield near as much hp upgrade but can be cheaper. But you have to look at what else you are going to be doing to the engine. I know you were wanting to do an exhaust, this is essention for upgrading or overdriving your blower. Also everything has to be changed in unison. DOnt expect to get an mpx blower and a exhaust and have major power. You also need a bigger maf, tb, and some other things. But you get the idea. Also the best thing to do is READ!!! Thats what i have been doing. The only time i really post a new thread is when i have a serious problem like my recent thread when my car sucked up a bunch of aqua!!

He has an 89 SC. There is plenty of information about every blower that you can buy on this website. Search is your friend. Try consulting to it before creating a thread. You may have to try more than one keyword so be patient.

Anyways, you can find used late model blowers off of EBay sometimes, the "Parts For Sale" forum, or you can post in the "Want to Buy" forum for one.

Other than that you need to have some money to get the best blowers. On those two performance sites that I mentioned to you, on your first thread, sell the best M90 available to our cars. They call it the MPx.

It comes with the case, in which you have to install the rotors and snout off of your existing blower into, and the inlet plenum. Then you have something that would require and benefit from an aftermarket throttle body. Preferably the 85mm for that blower. You can search this site to find results or more information about the blower.

So I'm assuming that everything he's currently got is stock. He's about $1200.00 or more away from upgrading the blower. If the engine is lower mileage first thing I'd do is compression test each cylinders and if it's a good sound motor then I'd get an exhaust job that will match his future mode ideas. If the motor is high mileage, I'd keep it stock and make plans for an overhaul and an exhaust upgrade before I'd add any intake/fuel modifications. Unless of course he doesn't care what happens to the motor. Then he can watch it blow a head gasket.

Last edited:
hahaha drink holder! you know where there are any pictures I can look at of a drink holder mod?! i want one so bad, i was driving today with a gatorade and realized I had no drink holder lol (Only had the car 2 weeks)

I have that manual BTW

for the cup holder....look on ebay for the thunderbird/taurus cup/coin holders. before u buy one for your SC, make sure that the cup holder is on top of the coin holder. some people dont know that it has to be swapped to fit a thunderbird.

Back