Poly TRW strut rod bushings any good?

blown94cougar

Hey guys Im looking for an official word on these they are made By TRW I changed out the rear control arm to strut rod bushings and they where the same material and I havent had a problem with them yet these ones are strut rod to frame bushings Im guessing its poly anyone use this with no problems? this car is not a corner carver but the front wheels maybe off the ground in the future and im worried about landing and breaking these...also which side goes which way?there is a large triangle shaped side with a piece molded in that fits into the smaller one

Attachments

• 100_1397.jpg
    100_1397.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 144
I used the Moog version which has seen failures. When you take it apart, it will be obvious which one goes where.

From everything I've read, you want a 2 piece sleeve. The one piece wont compress, thus killing the bushing.. As far as I'm aware, Ford is the only place to get 2 piece sleeve bushings.

Can't give you an official word - can only relate my experience. I used the hard plastic bushings on both my 94 and 95 before reading about the failures. No problems after 2+ years.

Back