Front/Rear bushings

fturner

Ok, I've been a strong advocate against using poly bushings on our cars because transferring the stress the regular bushings absorb, into the unibody will and does cause issues like cracking etc.

Unfortunately things are getting to the point that the "regular" bushings we normally can get are not so available. So there is aftermarket parts, and the problem with those usually they don't have enough stiffness so the ole bird starts flopping around, or we go with the poly ones and watch our bodies get broken up.

I've just done all the front ones without poly. Now I want to do the rear bushings only I'm finding out all I've got access to is poly...... To keep the car in check, do I now need to replace all the front bushings with poly to keep everything in balance?

So of course I go that route, only now my car is sure to be destined to the scrap yard because the unibody can't absorb that stress.....

Catch 22. I sure wish someone out here would look at getting some after market bushings made up with the correct durameter etc for our cars.

Anyways, I'm partially venting, and I need to know the answers to what I can do for the rear.

doesnt SCP sell replacement (nonpoly) rear upper and lower control arm bushings. Did u try Rock auto?

I just did my whole suspension a couple months ago. replaced almost every bushing with stock like rubber bushings.

There really are a lot of rubber bushings available for our cars from the aftermarket. I researched this heavily just a little while ago. I believe that many of the bushings have actually come on the market within the past couple of years. Between the brands TRW, Moog, AC Delco, and Spicer Professional Grade, you should be able to get everything for the rear. Try Rockauto, Advance Auto, and Autozone's online shopping.

Back