Parting out 89 SC

giddyup306

I will be keeping the engine, diffy, wiring, and PCM to transplant it into a fox mustang.

So if anyone needs anything just post a reply here. I'm doing the swap this winter and anything that I don't need will just go to the junkyard. I'd rather see some of these parts go to people that need them rather than a bone yard.

Mike

Giddyup -
I am interested in the rear sway bar and the end links if you can't use them in your 'stang.
Please let me know or reply to mike.barry@dowjones.com.
Thanks in advance and regards -
Mike

Mike,

quicktsi does have dibs on it but if he bails it has your name on it. BTW what's so great about the sway bar?

EVERYONE:

I will get pics this weekend. If anyone else needs anything let me know because my parents live 80 miles from me and I want to get as much stuff this weekend as possible.

I will be keeping the engine, diffy, wiring, and PCM to transplant it into a fox mustang.

So if anyone needs anything just post a reply here. I'm doing the swap this winter and anything that I don't need will just go to the junkyard. I'd rather see some of these parts go to people that need them rather than a bone yard.

Mike

COlor of the rear seats and condition?

Mike -
The deal with the older SC rear sway bars is that it they are heavier than the later '90s bars (if keeping on an SC or an RX7), or, as is my case, it makes a good match when swapping it out for the hollow aluminum sway bars on a Mark VIII. Lincoln apparently went with the hollow bar for weight reasons, but they are prone to rusting out and breaking, as well as not providing enough stiffening to work well with the solid front bar. You could go with the ADDCO upgrade bars (or something similar), but you must replace both front and back as a set if you do go to heavier bars. The SC swap is the cheaper fix since it does not require replacing the stock front bar, but does require using the SC end links with the SC rear bar (the Lincoln's will not work with the SC bar).
Regards -
Mike

COlor of the rear seats and condition?

They are maroon. They need to be cleaned (been sitting in my garage for about 4 years) but IIRC do not have any tears or like that on them. I will get pics this weekend if that's the color you are looking for.

Mike -
The deal with the older SC rear sway bars is that it they are heavier than the later '90s bars (if keeping on an SC or an RX7), or, as is my case, it makes a good match when swapping it out for the hollow aluminum sway bars on a Mark VIII. Lincoln apparently went with the hollow bar for weight reasons, but they are prone to rusting out and breaking, as well as not providing enough stiffening to work well with the solid front bar. You could go with the ADDCO upgrade bars (or something similar), but you must replace both front and back as a set if you do go to heavier bars. The SC swap is the cheaper fix since it does not require replacing the stock front bar, but does require using the SC end links with the SC rear bar (the Lincoln's will not work with the SC bar).
Regards -
Mike

Hey thanks. :)

Back